Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Coming to Israel, Ideas Please??

frumPA

Post Sun, Feb 19 2017, 12:36 pm
Hi,

I am iyh coming to Israel next monday for a week with my husband and 3 kids ages 1.5, 4.5, 6.5 and wondering if anyone has any good ideas of which places to go to? All ideas appreciated!!

amother
Firebrick

Post Tue, Feb 21 2017, 1:20 pm
This is a really easy and pretty nature walk:

http://www.tiuli.com/track_inf.....d=106

It's a great time of year to be outdoors. The weather is springlike and the wildflowers are in bloom.

The Biblical Zoo is nice for those ages. There are also many nature-type places where you can pet animals, make olive oil, etc.

The Old Cities of Jerusalem and Zfat are very special, but it depends how flexible you think the little ones can be.

Give us an idea of what things your family enjoys and/or would like to experience in Israel.

imasinger

Post Tue, Feb 21 2017, 2:45 pm
Following

doctorima

Post Tue, Feb 21 2017, 3:00 pm
Where are you staying? Will you have a car? Do you only want day trips, or would you do a longer trip to the North?

frumPA

Post Tue, Feb 21 2017, 3:16 pm
My kids like to be active. Zoo is definitely on the agenda. Want to do kever rochel and mearas hamachpeila not sure what else though. I think my husband will take the boys to Reb Chaim Kaniefsky so maybe if there is anything recommended near Bnei brak that would be good. My kids love the beach, playing in the sand but it may not be the right weather for it...

frumPA

Post Tue, Feb 21 2017, 3:18 pm
I will have a car. I am staying for very few days so I would only want to go places that are within an hr or max 2 hrs from yerushalayim, so pretty much day trips.

doctorima

Post Tue, Feb 21 2017, 3:50 pm
Near B'nei B'rak is the Ramat Gan safari - wonderful for kids!

frumPA

Post Tue, Feb 21 2017, 4:50 pm
Does it make sense to go to both the biblical zoo in yerushalyim and ramat gan safari? Or should I do one and which one is better?

doctorima

Post Tue, Feb 21 2017, 5:33 pm
They are different. The safari has 2 parts. The first part you get to drive through in your own car, and the animals walk around and sometimes even come up to your car. The kids love it! Then you park and walk through the rest, which is also really well done. If you only do one, I much prefer the safari, though I realize I'm likely in the minority. For your purposes, the safari's location is also much better, because you can combine it with B'nei B'rak (it's about 15 minutes away), as opposed to the Biblical Zoo, which isn't close to much of anything in Yerushalayim.

essie14

Post Wed, Feb 22 2017, 1:28 am
The biblical museum of natural history in bet shemesh is great.
http://www.biblicalnaturalhistory.org/

chanchy123

Post Wed, Feb 22 2017, 4:36 am
frumPA wrote:
Does it make sense to go to both the biblical zoo in yerushalyim and ramat gan safari? Or should I do one and which one is better?

No, if you are only coming for a week, don't do both. Choose either one that works best in your schedule. They each have their own unique qualities.

chanchy123

Post Wed, Feb 22 2017, 4:54 am
Is this your first visit to Israel?

You will want to spend at least half a day at the old city, kotel and sightseeing, also you can do the Kotel tunnel tour probably a full day is better.

One day in Bnei Brak, you can do the Safari in Ramat Gan, too, also you can go to the beach if it's nice out, it won't be swimming weather, but hopefully some days next week will be nice enough to play in the sand. Also you have the Yarkon Park in Tel Aviv, with tons of activities. [email]https://beinharimtours.com/news/10-things-to-do-in-tel-avivs-yarkon-park/[/email]

One day at maarat hamachpela and Kever Rachel, maybe you want to fit in the Gush the same day as well, you can find a nice park in Efrat or Kfar Etzyon for the kids, also you might want to check out Kfar Etzyon museum the new exhibit [email]http://etziontour.org.il/attraction/gush-etzion-heritage-center/[/email] and movie is supposed to be amazing and maybe some restaurant in the area for lunch?

In Yerushalayim you have many museums which are great for a rainy day (it's supposed to rain Tues. and Wed. next week) the science museum is great for kids, but you might also enjoy the Israel and Biblical lands museums.

I would certainly fit in a day for nature, a tiyul in the Yerushalyim area. Maybe also do the City of David.

doctorima

Post Wed, Feb 22 2017, 10:38 am
Also spend an hour or two walking around Geulah and Meah Shearim, and another hour or two walking around the Machane Yehuda shuk.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics