Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Would you hire a nanny who is prettier then you?
Previous  1  2  3  4

tichellady

Post Tue, Feb 21 2017, 8:52 pm
amother wrote:
You misunderstood me. I wasn't say no again bc of Yichud. I was saying that the person I quoted said that only non Gd fearing ppl need to be concerned about being with a pretty lady. No, everyone should be concerned. We all need fences!! My example was that the fence of yichud was made for everyone, not just non Gd fearing ppl. Did I explain what I meant better this time? I was not just repeating my first post!

I disageee with you. We are all entitled to our opinions. I don't see the need to add exceissve fences but perhaps for you it doesn't seem excessive. I also think that someone's looks are not the cause of an affair. Most affairs are between ordinary looking people

amother
Denim

Post Tue, Feb 21 2017, 8:54 pm
OK I have to go get other things done other than sitting at the computer. Gnite all!

tichellady

Post Tue, Feb 21 2017, 8:59 pm
amother wrote:
OK I have to go get other things done other than sitting at the computer. Gnite all!

I read your post. I understand what you are saying but don't agree with you.

rachel91

Post Wed, Feb 22 2017, 5:53 am
sequoia wrote:
But was she pretty? Wink

From the book, it's pretty safe to assume that she was younger and more attractive.

bruriyah

Post Wed, Feb 22 2017, 10:14 am
I'm really chill about this stuff in general But I think I would be incomfotable with an extremely attractive nanny.

The reason? My husband has a soft spot for people who take care of his kids. That+the high level of attractiveness=me a little uncomfotable.

amother
Ginger

Post Wed, Feb 22 2017, 11:49 am
I agree with ruchel

I hired a babysitter who (I find) is prettier than me.

she was great wth the kids, reliable and cheap. we had her 3 times /week for about 6 months.

she stopped working for us because she got married and moved to a different town, in case u r wondering Smile

never had an issue with it.

I am not super happy with my general looks or weight and live / work with / spend my time with better looking people....it just doesnt bother me.
I also truel believe that inner beauty is what counts ( I hopefully have that Smile ) others like my reliability, humour etc...not necessarily my face/body.

is that wrong? am I too naive?

amother
Bronze

Post Wed, Feb 22 2017, 11:53 am
There is pretty and there is pretty. My beloved babysitter who worked for us for years was very pretty but in a low key and refined way. She didn't dress like a frum person but she generally wore jeans (not too tight) and a blouse. It was fine. But, I briefly had cleaning help who was va va voom. Lots of makeup, tight clothing, the kind of figure that you can't stop looking at... I was glad when she moved back to Brazil!

musicmom

Post Wed, Feb 22 2017, 12:26 pm
Well I'd be more self conscious of her being with my kids. But it sounds like this is bringing up a lot of insecurities for you. You wish you didn't need to leave your kids, you don't like the way you look? Sometimes we place feelings elsewhere so we don't have to do the internal work. If she is a good person you will probably just feel like it's a good match though.
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics