Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Front top of bra cup curls under- how can I prevent this?

amother
Salmon

Post Tue, Feb 21 2017, 8:11 am
I've noticed that a lot of my bras- the top front part of the cup, the part that goes diagonally down the front will curl under and won't look nice under a top because of the bump. I can't manually straighten it out. Is there anything to do about this?
I wash and dry in machine, and don't have time to handwash or hang dry, so please offer alternative suggestions if you think this might be the cause?

observer

Post Tue, Feb 21 2017, 9:43 am
Hanging to dry takes very little time. Sorry, don't have any other solutions for you Smile

Iymnok

Post Tue, Feb 21 2017, 9:45 am
Hang dry. It doesn't take long and I assume you have more than one bra.

amother
Salmon

Post Tue, Feb 21 2017, 9:43 pm
Iymnok wrote:
Hang dry. It doesn't take long and I assume you have more than one bra.

yes, I have enough. Also I'm not sure but could this be happening because the cup size is a little big? Some of my bras are true to size and some are a little big- it seems to happen more with the ones that are slightly bigger

mille

Post Wed, Feb 22 2017, 7:34 am
It's from the outer material of the bra shrinking but the padding on the inside doesn't shrink, due to the heat exposure when you dry it. Sorry OP, but the only real way to prevent it is to hang dry your bras. Hang drying extends the life of the bra tremendously, too!

amother
Mint

Post Wed, Feb 22 2017, 9:29 am
if you care about the shape of your bra don't put it in the dryer. I put my wet one on back of the doorknob of my closet to dry so I have it in my room when I get dressed.

amother
Salmon

Post Fri, Feb 24 2017, 4:57 am
mille wrote:
It's from the outer material of the bra shrinking but the padding on the inside doesn't shrink, due to the heat exposure when you dry it. Sorry OP, but the only real way to prevent it is to hang dry your bras. Hang drying extends the life of the bra tremendously, too!

Oh. I guess I should dry drying it by hanging.

amother
Lime

Post Sat, Feb 25 2017, 8:42 pm
are you guys hand washing yours too? Because I have this happen to some of mine and I always hang-dry but I machine wash (in cold water). Or maybe it's just because I get bras that aren't the best quality?

amother
Teal

Post Sun, Feb 26 2017, 12:36 am
I machine wash and dry and it doesn't happen to me.

amother
Salmon

Post Sun, Feb 26 2017, 9:44 am
amother wrote:
are you guys hand washing yours too? Because I have this happen to some of mine and I always hang-dry but I machine wash (in cold water). Or maybe it's just because I get bras that aren't the best quality?

So hanging to dry won't help
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics