Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
How to help 8 year old dd with anger management
Previous  1  2

amother
Sapphire

Post Wed, Feb 22 2017, 8:40 pm
Have same issue with ds 5 year old. Would love tips. Going to look into those books
Ds is a sweet delicious child but anything triggers and he screams and tantrums and uses his hands and yells. U r making me angry. I need tips to help him not blow up at everything.

amother
Maroon

Post Thu, Feb 23 2017, 12:59 pm
amother wrote:
Same issue with 6 yr old DD. She's great in school but in any environment that she's comfortable in - at home or by grandparents, she can be extremely explosive.
She's especially bright but becomes extremely irrational when in the anger modes. And the craziest part is, that at times the slightest things can make her go haywire and at other times she would be perfectly fine with them.

Basically what I'm doing now is sending her into her room when she starts acting up, saying that it's not a punishment but we can't have her hurting others or destroying things and she can come out whenever she feels calmer.

It helps per episode but I would love to have a more permanent solution.

OP here. Totally to the bolded part!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics