Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Desserts
Very tasty cookie that works well with cookie cutter

fbc

Post Tue, Feb 21 2017, 1:18 pm
I don't really like sugar cookies, I think they taste very bland/sometimes too sweet. I want to start preparing my mishloach Manos cookies. Our theme is outer space, and I will be using a star shaped cookie cutter. Thing is, the middle of the star cookie is a cutout. so I need a yummy recipe that'd work well with that kind of cookie cutter. Any suggestions? It could be a sugar cookie recipe if you promise it tastes really good Wink

centurion

Post Tue, Feb 21 2017, 2:32 pm
sugar cookies are vastly improved when using butter instead of margarine. vastly. I know it's probably not an option, but I felt it worth mentioning. other possible options: linzer cookie dough, gingerbread dough, and chocolate cookie dough such as this one: https://smittenkitchen.com/200.....kies/

fbc

Post Tue, Feb 21 2017, 2:38 pm
Thank you! Was hoping for white cookies Smile although those chocolate brownie ones sound great if I need!! Any more ideas?? Interesting about butter instead of margarine, too!

flowerpower

Post Tue, Feb 21 2017, 5:04 pm
The Balabustas Choice has a good one called the Bakers something. I use it all the time. I make the dough and fridge it overnight.

fbc

Post Tue, Feb 21 2017, 5:07 pm
Flowerpower, thanks! I'd love to try that, but I don't have that cookbook. Can you (or anyone) please post the recipe?
TIA!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics