Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Anyone have a latte maker that also makes regular coffee?

little neshamala

Post Wed, Feb 22 2017, 6:43 am
Im looking for a non-fancy, nothing too crazy- expensive machine that can make a latte but can also make a regular cup of coffee.
Does this exist?
Im not a coffee maven by any means...but whatever I look for online says it only makes espresso or whatever not regular coffee.

Help.

TIA!

SixOfWands

Post Wed, Feb 22 2017, 6:53 am
little neshamala wrote:
Im looking for a non-fancy, nothing too crazy- expensive machine that can make a latte but can also make a regular cup of coffee.
Does this exist?
Im not a coffee maven by any means...but whatever I look for online says it only makes espresso or whatever not regular coffee.

Help.

TIA!

There are pod-style machines that make both espresso and coffee. Tassimo does. I'm pretty sure that Nespresso does as well. Maybe higher end Keurig, but not the basic ones.

Otherwise, they're usually separate machines.

mha3484

Post Wed, Feb 22 2017, 7:03 am
nespreso virutoline. You can make coffee or espresso pods. You can get a milk foamer and make lattes.

yo'ma

Post Wed, Feb 22 2017, 7:34 am
We have this:

little neshamala

Post Wed, Feb 22 2017, 7:48 am
Thank you all for your replies...just realized I also dont want a pod style machine, want to be able to use regular fresh beans...

little neshamala

Post Wed, Feb 22 2017, 7:52 am
yo'ma wrote:
We have this:

Yo'ma, thank you this looks more like what in looking for....can you make a regular cup of coffee with this? Can you just leave out the milk if you want?

little neshamala

Post Wed, Feb 22 2017, 8:06 am
I see people say you can make americanos with it....is that the same as a cup of coffee?

My husband likes regular plain cups of coffee, and I like lattes....trying to find one machine for both

yo'ma

Post Wed, Feb 22 2017, 8:13 am
little neshamala wrote:
Yo'ma, thank you this looks more like what in looking for....can you make a regular cup of coffee with this? Can you just leave out the milk if you want?

Yes, you can make an espresso, latte, and cappuccino. To me the latte and cappuccino are very similar. You can also just do the milk. I make my kids hot cocoa with that feature and sometimes when I want to use instant, I also use that. It doesn't need pods and that's why we got this one as opposed to a different one. We saw an amazing one once when we were in Chile, but it was a lot more money and it would have cost more with customs. They don't sell that brand here. It was Delonghi I think.

yo'ma

Post Wed, Feb 22 2017, 8:14 am
little neshamala wrote:
I see people say you can make americanos with it....is that the same as a cup of coffee?

From my understanding, an americano means a large coffee.

SixOfWands

Post Wed, Feb 22 2017, 8:27 am
yo'ma wrote:
From my understanding, an americano means a large coffee.

An Americano is an espresso diluted with hot water,

mha3484

Post Wed, Feb 22 2017, 9:10 am
DH makes a bunch of pods Friday afternoon and we have americanos shabbos morning. Much much better then instant coffee. The nespresso pods taste way better then keurig. I think its because they are metal not plastic.

little neshamala

Post Wed, Feb 22 2017, 10:04 am
SixOfWands wrote:
An Americano is an espresso diluted with hot water,

Isnt an espresso a small shot of concentrated coffee? So am americano would just dilute it back to normal coffee?

I have no idea what im talking about really, just trying to understand if the americano would taste like a regular coffee so my husband would be happy.

little neshamala

Post Wed, Feb 22 2017, 10:07 am
yo'ma wrote:
Yes, you can make an espresso, latte, and cappuccino. To me the latte and cappuccino are very similar. You can also just do the milk. I make my kids hot cocoa with that feature and sometimes when I want to use instant, I also use that. It doesn't need pods and that's why we got this one as opposed to a different one. We saw an amazing one once when we were in Chile, but it was a lot more money and it would have cost more with customs. They don't sell that brand here. It was Delonghi I think.

So can u make a regular cup of coffee? Like if youre not making a tiny espresso... (and not a latte or cappucino)

Also, does it also work with leavig the milk out of the equation? I see some machines rely on having milk as part of it always...

Sorry about all the questions LOL

SixOfWands

Post Wed, Feb 22 2017, 10:07 am
little neshamala wrote:
Isnt an espresso a small shot of concentrated coffee? So am americano would just dilute it back to normal coffee?

I have no idea what im talking about really, just trying to understand if the americano would taste like a regular coffee so my husband would be happy.

No, they don't taste the same. But it might satisfy your husband, Why not have him order an Americano at a coffee shop, and see if he likes it.

yo'ma

Post Wed, Feb 22 2017, 11:36 am
little neshamala wrote:
So can u make a regular cup of coffee? Like if youre not making a tiny espresso... (and not a latte or cappucino)

Also, does it also work with leavig the milk out of the equation? I see some machines rely on having milk as part of it always...

Sorry about all the questions LOL

Yes, you make an espresso, in either 3 sizes, one shot, two shots, or as much as you want. That would be the top button and the other two buttons does the milk, so you can do one without the other.

little neshamala

Post Wed, Feb 22 2017, 12:27 pm
Thank you so much!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen