Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs
Jewish children for adoption

chavamom

Post Sun, Jul 17 2005, 9:58 pm
I don't know any details, but my husband sent me this e-mail:

Two Jewish boys need immediate adoption,
brothers aged 7 and 9.

The state of New Jersey has given the Jewish

community one month as of June 22nd to
place them in a Jewish home.

If not, they will sent to non-Jewish homes!!

Please call (917) 681-5189 u1adoption@aol.com

If you have any questions, contact:

(917) 681-5189 and u1adoption@aol.com

proudmom

Post Thu, Jul 21 2005, 5:13 pm
Did they find a home for the kids?

sarahd

Post Thu, Jul 21 2005, 5:59 pm
Please Do Not Call
Filed by Yaakov Menken

I just spoke with a wonderful man named Rabbi Dovid Vandervelde. He is a real estate manager, and serves as the (unpaid) president of a licensed adoption agency. You may have received an email that originated from him.

Several weeks ago, he sent an email to a woman with an update on current issues. Included in this email was a brief mention that he needed to find a good family to adopt two boys.

Two Jewish boys, brothers aged 7 and 9, are now separated from each other and in foster care. They needed immediate placement in a warm, “frum” home, and the agency was given all of one month to find that suitable home—or they would remain separated and sent to (possibly) non-Jewish homes.

He gave the woman his phone number, and of course his email address. She forwarded the message to a few people. And they forwarded it on. And then it stormed the Jewish Internet.

Over 3000 calls. From all over the world. Most every state of the union. Litvaks, Modern, Young Israel, Lubavitch, Satmar, Bobov, observant Conservative, you name it. And those who couldn’t adopt, offered money, free legal services, and more.

He was so beseiged that he “spun” the story very negatively, to discourage applicants. He said that the children had been “thrown around” the foster care system, and he wanted specifically a couple that included a social worker, psychologist, pediatrician or similar professional experience caring for troubled children.

Despite all of this, they are now sorting through over 100 applicants to help these boys.

“Who is like your nation?” And please, if you get that email, do not call!

from Cross-Currents. com

Pickle Lady

Post Thu, Jul 21 2005, 6:43 pm
That is so beautiful to read that so many family want to open their homes to these boys. Its so beautiful to read.

tzivi

Post Thu, Jul 21 2005, 8:28 pm
now I understand why we have a mitza, don lekaf zechus - judging others favourably. let me explain, when I read the first post, I emailed the agency to ask if the boys could come to melbourne, australia. I know of several families who would lovingly take these two brothers. I received a three word reply and at first I began to think maybe these people were not interested in frum families taking these boys. then I thought to myself, who knows why I received such a brief non informative reply... just now I read how inundated they have been with calls, etc....
WE SHOULD NEVER JUDGE A PERSON... especially when we dont know all the facts.

chavamom

Post Thu, Jul 21 2005, 8:30 pm
Sarahd - thanks for that update!

1stimer

Post Fri, Jul 22 2005, 2:03 am
wow!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics