Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
ISO shabbos shoes for toddler boy, under $50
1  2  Next

allthingsblue

Post Thu, Feb 23 2017, 6:29 pm
I'm looking for shabbos shoes for my almost 3 year old little guy, that are under $50. Not black. Preferably something cute, stylish and comfy- is that asking too much? Very Happy

Online or in Lakewood. Thanks!

flowerpower

Post Thu, Feb 23 2017, 6:30 pm
Check 6pm

ectomorph

Post Thu, Feb 23 2017, 7:01 pm
Following

mamaleh

Post Thu, Feb 23 2017, 7:15 pm
I would head to Payless. (The one in Brick is the biggest/most friendly one, locally)

mommy3b2c

Post Thu, Feb 23 2017, 7:21 pm
Sara has a gorgeous pair. But they are $50.

sky

Post Thu, Feb 23 2017, 7:21 pm
Try the sales - I just got my girls shabbos shoes at 30% off for the spring - they had colors that worked - still very expensive but at least more reasonable.
You can try shoe spot, I get my boys shabbos shoes there for like 45 - 55. But they are very traditional and I don't know if toddler sizes are that price. I do find them cheaper then other stores but not as trendy.

allthingsblue

Post Thu, Feb 23 2017, 8:25 pm
sky wrote:
Try the sales - I just got my girls shabbos shoes at 30% off for the spring - they had colors that worked - still very expensive but at least more reasonable.
You can try shoe spot, I get my boys shabbos shoes there for like 45 - 55. But they are very traditional and I don't know if toddler sizes are that price. I do find them cheaper then other stores but not as trendy.

Where is shoe spot?

allthingsblue

Post Thu, Feb 23 2017, 8:26 pm
mamaleh wrote:
I would head to Payless. (The one in Brick is the biggest/most friendly one, locally)

I don't like Payless' shoes. I looked online. Their dress shoes are not my style at all. But thanks!

And mommy3b2c, I'm nervous to get from Zara (I assume that's what you meant to post, not Sara!) because I've shoes there and they were always uncomfortable...

mamaleh

Post Thu, Feb 23 2017, 8:43 pm
Quote:
I don't like Payless' shoes. I looked online. Their dress shoes are not my style at all. But thanks!

FWIW my experience (with girls & for myself) has been that even when we don't find something on their site, it's worth stopping in for 2 reasons. 1. They do have stuff in store that isn't online (even though they say they don't) and 2. Alot of shoes (especially theirs for some reason) looks VERY different in person (we recently had this with my DD10yo- we looked online and were joking about how 'weird & ugly' a certain style was. When we got to the store she found a shoe she fell in love with. We didn't realize till we got home that it was the same shoe). And remember, their shoes will be MUCH cheaper!!

Good Luck!

eta if you do go, it is worth checking a size or two up and down- sometimes different shoes run differently and also they can check to see if another local store has the size you need (and you get a coupon for $2 or 4 off those shoes if you end up buying them). They will also usually call the other store to double check & have them hold the shoe for you.

cnc

Post Thu, Feb 23 2017, 8:51 pm
Payless has a way bigger selection in store than online.

sky

Post Thu, Feb 23 2017, 9:01 pm
shoe spot is in the same shopping center as Glatt Bite and Hosiery Plus

(I was once in Payless and this very trendy mother and daughter came in and bought one pair of shabbos shoes to match each outfit - in colors like turquoise and coral - I thought it was great because of the look it had everyone was going to be sure they spent a fortune - and it was buy one get one 1/2 half. The probably bought 4 pairs of shoes for 1/4 of one shoe in a frum store. )

Zara has gorgeous shoes but I also have concerns about how comfortable they are - my kids walk a lot on shabbos and yom tov and I'm not sure the shoes are built for that type of walking.

allthingsblue

Post Thu, Feb 23 2017, 9:27 pm
sky wrote:
shoe spot is in the same shopping center as Glatt Bite and Hosiery Plus

(I was once in Payless and this very trendy mother and daughter came in and bought one pair of shabbos shoes to match each outfit - in colors like turquoise and coral - I thought it was great because of the look it had everyone was going to be sure they spent a fortune - and it was buy one get one 1/2 half. The probably bought 4 pairs of shoes for 1/4 of one shoe in a frum store. )

Zara has gorgeous shoes but I also have concerns about how comfortable they are - my kids walk a lot on shabbos and yom tov and I'm not sure the shoes are built for that type of walking.

Were the turquoise and coral shoes for boys or girls?

sky

Post Thu, Feb 23 2017, 9:34 pm
girls - flats - before pesach last year. I didn't look at the boy shoes. I would think their dress shoes would be traditional colors.

cla

Post Thu, Feb 23 2017, 10:10 pm
I know what you mean. Hard to find stylish shabbos shoes for little boys. I don't want to spend $100 in the local stores either. Myhabit used to have some well priced Venettini's but they closed.

ilovegod

Post Thu, Feb 23 2017, 10:47 pm
I saw advertised that in Anshei sfard -Boro park they will have shoes from last year for 40$ this Sunday. Might be worth a trip here if u do other shopping here

carrot

Post Thu, Feb 23 2017, 10:59 pm
sky wrote:

I've gotten kids' Shabbos shoes from Zara a few times but in my experience they don't last at all. Don't know how comfortable they are, but they sometimes look old after one wear.

srbmom

Post Thu, Feb 23 2017, 11:17 pm
If you look for Primigis on Amazon, they sometimes have different colors or sizes that are on sale. (You may have to spend time clicking on each shoe to find them)

cnc

Post Thu, Feb 23 2017, 11:23 pm
cla wrote:
I know what you mean. Hard to find stylish shabbos shoes for little boys. I don't want to spend $100 in the local stores either. Myhabit used to have some well priced Venettini's but they closed.

Try hautelook.com and Nordstrom rack

flowerpower

Post Thu, Feb 23 2017, 11:24 pm
carrot wrote:
I've gotten kids' Shabbos shoes from Zara a few times but in my experience they don't last at all. Don't know how comfortable they are, but they sometimes look old after one wear.

I find that their shoes are junk too.

yogabird

Post Thu, Feb 23 2017, 11:43 pm
http://m.6pm.com/p/kid-express.....r/677

Would this do the trick? In the tan suede for summer.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics