Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
If you enjoy dressing your kids beautifully

amother
Turquoise

Post Thu, Feb 23 2017, 7:40 pm
And you have 4 or more kids...how do you go about making sure every kid has everything he/she needs at the beginning of the season? Are you organized about the way you shop? Also, do you try to buy a certain number of things for each child?

cnc

Post Thu, Feb 23 2017, 8:01 pm
I would think what makes the most sense is to figure out how often you do laundry and determine the number of articles of each clothing necessary. I do laundry around once a week usually so I like when my kids have 6-8 weekday outfits, 3 Shabbos outfits, around 10 pairs of tights and 10 pairs of underwear. They also have around 8 pajamas because they change every night. I get a little extra for babies and toddlers that may need to get changed more often. I also buy more summer clothing than winter clothing because it gets ruined much quicker.
At the beginning of each season I take inventory of their closets and see what fits from previous seasons . I then figure out what is still needed, and I shop( usually online for the boys , and whatever I can, I shop online for the girls but usually Jewish local stores are needed.)

amother
Turquoise

Post Thu, Feb 23 2017, 8:13 pm
cnc wrote:
I would think what makes the most sense is to figure out how often you do laundry and determine the number of articles of each clothing necessary. I do laundry around once a week usually so I like when my kids have 6-8 weekday outfits, 3 Shabbos outfits, around 10 pairs of tights and 10 pairs of underwear. They also have around 8 pajamas because they change every night. I get a little extra for babies and toddlers that may need to get changed more often. I also buy more summer clothing than winter clothing because it gets ruined much quicker.
At the beginning of each season I take inventory of their closets and see what fits from previous seasons . I then figure out what is still needed, and I shop( usually online for the boys , and whatever I can, I shop online for the girls but usually Jewish local stores are needed.)
this is great, thanks! Can you recommend sites for boys pants and shorts?

cnc

Post Thu, Feb 23 2017, 8:24 pm
amother wrote:
this is great, thanks! Can you recommend sites for boys pants and shorts?

I shop cheap usually.
My to go places are :
Hm.com
Oldnavy.com
Gap.com
Carters.com
oshkosh.com
Childrensplace.com (usually for pants and shorts- don't like their tops)

Occasionally:
Nextdirect.com
Zara.com

For Shabbos:
Shirstop.us

Are you looking for more high end ?

You can try:
Sparklesandsuspenders.com
Petitperfection.com
Littleitalychild.com

If you're looking for even more expensive (European/ Italian)
I've had luck at these places when they were seventy percent off at the end of the season.

Buttonsbebe.com
Pandaandcub.com
Flyingcolorbaby.com
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics