Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Paris/France recommendations!

sweetpotato

Post Sun, Feb 26 2017, 9:24 am
We are IYH going to France for 14 days in May! This is a huge dream for me as I spent a lot of time in France when I was a teenager but haven't been back in 10 years...and I'll be traveling with my husband, 3.5 year old, 2 year old and 3 month old (crazy?)

We are going to spend 2 nights in Paris and then go to the southwest where we will visit friends. Can anyone held me figure out where to stay in Paris? I do not know the areas at all. Ideally we need to stay somewhere that is easily reached by public transportation from CDG and where we can use public transportation to get to kosher restaurants, kosher grocery and some attractions. I don't have a huge budget but will pay more for a hotel that is well-situated so we can walk/metro everywhere.

What should we plan to do on a short visit (2 days) with very little kids? I'm OK with skipping the famous sites (Louvre, etc.) in favor of sites that will be good for little kids. What would you do in Paris for 2 days with little kids?

amother
Orange

Post Mon, Feb 27 2017, 6:09 am
We just went to Paris and did it in 3 days. Stayed in a rented apartment in the Marias. I recommend you stay there. We found the apartment on booking.com. it was perfect and right in the center of everything, near metro. We also traveled with young kids. We did the arc de triumph, we went to see the Eiffel tower. The ques are gigantic so we didn't go up, but near the tower is an aquarium which the kids loved. Versailles is a must, its really impressive but you need a day for that because you have to take the train to get there. A boat ride on the river is also nice for kids and you can see the tower from there.
Oh there is a good Indian restaurant with a good hechsher near the arc de triumph but check opening g hours.
Also Paris is pricey....beware. For public transport best to get a book of 10 metro tickets it works out cheapest. There are a lot of kosher and kosher style restaurant s in the Marias so you need to check there's a hechsher. There's a lot of history in that area, we had a guided tour of the jewish quarter but it was hard to do with kids. You'll have fun!
Have a great time.

UnFarvosNischt

Post Mon, Feb 27 2017, 9:47 am
Hotel Aida opera is in the 9th district, very well located and offers kosher breakfasts. There are severals kosher restaurants and one little kosher supermarket next to the place.
There is also in the 9th district Hotel LeBron which is a Jewish hotel but Moreno expensive I think.
Airbnb might also be a good idea but check well the area. The Marais is a great place, very central.

Places to visit:
The Eiffel Tower of course
The City of Science (kids love it, with lot of experiences they can do by themselves)
The Louvre
Musée Grevin (the French equivalent of Mrs Tussaud)

If you have more questions you can ask here or PM me
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics