Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Babysitter in Boro Park TIME SENSITIVE
Previous  1  2

amother
Azure

Post Sun, Feb 26 2017, 8:47 pm
Holtzman 718-259-6245

amother
Floralwhite

Post Sun, Feb 26 2017, 9:11 pm
Thanks for all replies.

Regarding Neiman; she came recommended from a few people and I know, this not allowing in to her house is a concern but who knows. Perhaps her house is very rundown and she's embarrassed? It doesn't work for me anyways because I do need to nurse once in between.

Oh, and for the one who asked, her number is 718-436-6261.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Sun, Feb 26 2017, 9:12 pm
amother wrote:
Holtzman 718-259-6245

Thank you! Did you have personal experience with her?

amother
Floralwhite

Post Sun, Feb 26 2017, 9:15 pm
silly wrote:
How old is your baby?

My baby is 11 months and about 6 hours

rdmom

Post Sun, Feb 26 2017, 9:24 pm
I used holtman and was very happy. She is very devoted.

rdmom

Post Sun, Feb 26 2017, 9:25 pm
Magenta yenta.

That would be a huge red flag for me. Unfortunately I didn't hear of this before I used her. Only found out after.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Mon, Feb 27 2017, 12:03 am
I'd feel very uncomfortable leaving my baby at the door and picking up at the door. It's not an avlah on the babysitter's part, it's just not gonna work for me. My child is too precious to be taken into a hidden place, a place I may not see.

MagentaYenta

Post Mon, Feb 27 2017, 12:08 am
rdmom wrote:
Magenta yenta.

That would be a huge red flag for me. Unfortunately I didn't hear of this before I used her. Only found out after.

How do you know if the space is safe for kids? If it meets minimal sanitary standards? I can't imagine people will to take these kind of chances with their children. And I'm guessing this is an unlicensed operation as well.

rdmom

Post Mon, Feb 27 2017, 12:23 am
People use her on a daily basis. I don't know. Honestly. I didn't know about it until it was too late. And haven't been back since.

silly

Post Mon, Feb 27 2017, 12:42 am
Op havr u found somebody?

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Mon, Feb 27 2017, 12:51 am
amother wrote:
Neuman won't work. She doesn't let anybody into her house. Not by drop off not by pick up. You drop the kid at the door and she brings him out when you pick up

That sounds weird what is she hiding?

amother
Oak

Post Mon, Feb 27 2017, 1:02 am
MagentaYenta wrote:
How do you know if the space is safe for kids? If it meets minimal sanitary standards? I can't imagine people will to take these kind of chances with their children. And I'm guessing this is an unlicensed operation as well.

It's the same people who will drop off their 2 year old, at a strange babysitter, for 2 straight weeks (sleeping over) after they give birth, with no visits, phone calls or contact.

MagentaYenta

Post Mon, Feb 27 2017, 1:15 am
amother wrote:
It's the same people who will drop off their 2 year old, at a strange babysitter, for 2 straight weeks (sleeping over) after they give birth, with no visits, phone calls or contact.

Maybe I'm naive, but do you really know women who do this? I'm gobsmacked.

amother
Khaki

Post Mon, Feb 27 2017, 8:03 am
amother wrote:
That sounds weird what is she hiding?

Supposedly it ruins the kids routine if parents are walking in and out the whole day...and it makes it harder for the kid to separate especially for overnight sitting.

I agree that it is not normal.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Mon, Feb 27 2017, 8:21 am
Who would give their child to a babysitter that doesn't let you in the house.

MagentaYenta

Post Mon, Feb 27 2017, 1:50 pm
amother wrote:
Who would give their child to a babysitter that doesn't let you in the house.

Apparently sufficient numbers of women to keep her business going.

amother
Oak

Post Mon, Feb 27 2017, 3:45 pm
MagentaYenta wrote:
Maybe I'm naive, but do you really know women who do this? I'm gobsmacked.

I first heard about it on this site. I didn't believe it at first, but people here have done it and written about it. I then started asking ppl in real life if they've heard of it, and apparently it's quite common in a couple of communities.

I will never understand it. For that kid, the trauma is not different than if the parent had died. they are non verbal. They are suddenly away from their home, siblings, parents and all that is familiar. They have no concept of time. How could anyone in their right mind, who loves their children, do that to them? To me, it is absolutely outrageous.

amother
Crimson

Post Mon, Feb 27 2017, 3:57 pm
In what situation would you need someone even a stranger to babysit your infant but you are available enough that you can stop by to nurse?

amother
Oak

Post Mon, Feb 27 2017, 4:05 pm
amother wrote:
In what situation would you need someone even a stranger to babysit your infant but you are available enough that you can stop by to nurse?

sounds like a simcha or other event that she can't bring the baby to.

cnc

Post Mon, Feb 27 2017, 6:05 pm
amother wrote:

I can think of many instances.
A simcha, an adult only event, a conference or work meeting with breaks.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries