Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Budgeting & Bargains
Blinds To Go vs Jewish blinds/shades retailers

allthingsblue

Post Sun, Feb 26 2017, 6:51 pm
Looking to purchase blinds/shades for my windows.
The frum stores that I called told me to Expect to pay 2000-5000 for shades for the whole house.
Anyone know if Blinds To Go is a better bet? Are their prices any better? Thanks!

cm

Post Sun, Feb 26 2017, 7:05 pm
Depends on how many windows are in your house, and how elaborate the shades/blinds.

You can see the prices on their website.

Even the simplest roller shades start at about $80 each at Blinds-to-go.

allthingsblue

Post Sun, Feb 26 2017, 7:06 pm
I can't see any prices because they ask for measurements which I don't have yet.
I'm pretty sure the frum retailers are also expensive though...
Can you see what blinds to go charges for gray faux wood blinds?

cm

Post Sun, Feb 26 2017, 7:12 pm
allthingsblue wrote:
I can't see any prices because they ask for measurements which I don't have yet.
I'm pretty sure the frum retailers are also expensive though...
Can you see what blinds to go charges for gray faux wood blinds?

Choose the features you want, estimate the size (you could start with their default 30" window), then click "add to cart" to see the price. Change the dimensions to get an idea of the prices for different size windows.

Last edited by cm on Sun, Feb 26 2017, 7:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

allthingsblue

Post Sun, Feb 26 2017, 7:13 pm
Thanks. Looks like they're also about $80 a window.

sourstix

Post Sun, Feb 26 2017, 7:20 pm
blinds to go is not the cheapest but they are a national company so people like to go to such stores so if they have bad experience they give them a bad review which national companies dont want.

I looked up cellular shades for my dining room for 4 windows and they came out to 900$. now thats a lot. I dont know what the frum stores charge but thats already a sale price. its too much for me.

just giving you what I did. it could be there are cheaper options. I didnt check all of thier stuff. but I venture its not too cheap.

Post Sun, Feb 26 2017, 7:23 pm
You can bargin with the local stores. Their prices aren't set. We paid a fraction of what we were originally quoted which came out less than Blinds to Go.

shyshira

Post Sun, Feb 26 2017, 8:01 pm
My preference is to support local businesses when possible.

If I was a situation like this, if I could get a 'quote' from a website (and not waste anyone's time, or give anyone a false impression about my desire to do business with them). I'd then go to my local store for a quote. If its higher than what I got from the website, I'd tell the local store that I really want to support their shop - but need to be reasonable with how I spend money (ie can't spend local if it means spending way more)... and see what the owner is willing to do for me.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Budgeting & Bargains