Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Bosch, Siemens,etc. Appliances

jkw

Post Mon, Feb 27 2017, 4:02 am
Want to make sure I get the best models I can for Israel
If you like what you have please share brand and model number
What models to stay away from?
Looking for info on cooktop, oven, dishwasher, washer dryer
Need all suggestions I can get...

mom2six

Post Mon, Feb 27 2017, 4:08 am
I researched washing machines very thoroughly, so I'll share what I found out.

The only machine still made with all metal parts is the Miele. It's very strong and very expensive.

The next level down is Bosch, Constructa, and Siemens, which are all one and the same with different exteriors. They're considerably cheaper than the Miele and clean well.

I was inclined to invest in the Miele until the saleswoman, whom I know and trust, pointed out that in the very rare event that a part does break, it would cost a fortune to replace since they're all metal parts and very expensive. She said that if I do go that route, I should make sure to always have a valid warranty, which is quite expensive in itself, so that I don't end up paying through the nose for parts.

I opted for a Constructa instead. I've had it for about 3 or 4 years now. It cleans well and has never needed a repair. The only thing "wrong" with it is the timer, which is not accurate (I.e., it says there are 5 minutes left and then suddenly it jumps to 10 minutes), but I'm otherwise very happy with it.

There are others like Electrolux that are also decent and a notch below Constructa/Bosch/Siemens.

WitchKitty

Post Mon, Feb 27 2017, 4:27 am
We also did all the research, and bought a Constructa washing machine, Hisense refrigerator, And Bellers oven+stove.
I am very happy with all of them.
I don't have mom2six's problem with the timing, if anything I was surprised how exact the timing is, when it says 57 minutes I know it will be.
The fridge and oven both have hechsherim (I think the oven even has 2..)
The fridge has a shabbos mode.
The oven is a double oven, top and bottom, I do have a problem that the top timer doesn't work. I don't know if it's supposed to be that way.

jkw

Post Wed, Mar 08 2017, 3:03 am
Just saw a Siemens oven for the first time. How do you bake 5ibs of challah in it?

jkw

Post Tue, Mar 14 2017, 4:59 am
OK, now on to warranties. If the store I am buying from offers one, should I buy it? Might be buying mostly Siemens. Does Siemens Israel have a warranty? Or is it there a repair person in Jerusalem that has a "retainer?" Clueless.

achayl

Post Fri, May 26 2017, 11:19 am
I'm moving to the north of Israel soon and also need to buy all of our appliances.

Regarding a dryer, I've heard about this dryer that collects the condensation water that you just pour out. Anyone have this? I've gotten mixed review about it. Some say it's great. Others say it takes forever to dry clothes in the winter. Problem is there's no where to really run a hose to vent the hot air where it is situated.

Any advice??

Also, a 'mehadrin' fridge means that it has a shabbos mode?

TIA!

MyUsername

Post Sat, May 27 2017, 3:09 pm
achayl wrote:

Regarding a dryer, I've heard about this dryer that collects the condensation water that you just pour out. Anyone have this? I've gotten mixed review about it. Some say it's great. Others say it takes forever to dry clothes in the winter. Problem is there's no where to really run a hose to vent the hot air where it is situated.

Any advice??

I've had a condenser dryer. Emptying the tray of water is awful. But, good news is, they make condenser dryers with a drainage pipe in the back that you can route to your drain (same as you would with a washing machine), and then the water drains automatically and you don't have to empty anything. We had one like this, and I noticed no significant difference between it and the regular vented dryers (maybe it took a tiny bit longer, but regular Israeli vented dryers also take forever). So I recommend getting a condenser dryer.

FranticFrummie

Post Sat, May 27 2017, 3:36 pm
I bought the Indesit (LOL, sounds like "indecent") washer/dryer combo, because there is no room for a separate dryer. Big mistake! The dryer takes 3 hours to run, and the clothes just come out hot and damp. The washer only does a so-so job at cleaning, and for stinky loads I have to give it a second short wash. I dry my clothes on the lines outside the laundry room window. You have to learn to love stiff Israeli towels! (Great for exfoliating, though.) LOL

I got the Hisense 4 door fridge, which I LOOOOOVE - but - there is no Shabbos mode, and the lights are on an internal sensor that you can't override. We were told that a switch was coming out soon from Zomet, which we could get installed. The salesman LIED to get us to buy the fridge. We ended up getting a tiny fridge with no light, to put in the mamad, and we use it for Shabbos.

Our oven is a Candy, and it's just OK. Steam builds up near the door, and when you open the oven it "pees on the floor" from built up moisture. I have to keep a towel down or else I end up mopping under the oven.

I use a simple 2 burner portable cooktop, and it's enough for me. I like having the extra counter space. I have a dairy toaster oven, and we use it a lot. We just got the cheapest one available for the cooktop and toaster.

No dish washer yet, but I wish! Whatever you get that has to do with water, like the washing machine and dish washer, make sure you pay extra and get filters installed on the lines. Change the filter every 6 months to a year. Desalinated water will ruin your appliances faster than you can say "warrantee".

Speaking of filters, you absolutely cannot live without an Aquavil water dispenser. It gets plumbed into your main line in the kitchen, and sits on the counter top. It's about the size of a coffee maker, and dispenses ice cold, room temp, and hot water. It has a Shabbos mode that is accepted by the strictest rabbonim. The water tastes wonderful, and it's super convenient. We use it constantly.

Be warned: Israeli appliances are very clever. They know exactly when the coverage runs out, and will break the day after that. Sometimes they'll wait to flood the apartment right before Shabbos. Appliances also know which of their parts are the most expensive, and will break accordingly. They are quite naughty that way.

Hope that helps!

etky

Post Sat, May 27 2017, 3:55 pm
We have a condenser dryer that we bought this past winter to replace our ancient Maytag gas dryer.
It dries the clothes beautifully and did so in the winter too - no difference between seasons.
It can be adapted to drain directly into the washing machine's drainage pipe but that doesn't work with our Maytag washer's stiff drainage pipe. With a European washing machine it shouldn't be a problem.
That said emptying the water is not at all a hassle since the water container is conveniently located on on the top of the machine and the bathroom sink is right across from the dryer. Takes just a few seconds to empty it.
The dryer actually dries the clothes quicker than the old Maytag - under 2 hours for 8 kilo.
My only issue with the dryer is that clothes don't come out with the scent of the fabric softener sheets. The machine seems to leave a 'machine type' smell on the clothes which I don't care for. Doesn't bother anyone else in the family though.

Studious

Post Sat, May 27 2017, 4:13 pm
We got an Electrolux condenser heater and we hate it. Takes over 2 hours to dry the laundry, summer or winter. We used to have an American GE heater which would dry the clothes in less than an hour. Miss it.

Tel Tzion Ima

Post Sun, May 28 2017, 9:28 am
recently got a constructa 9 kilo washing machine. It's my third washing machine since I got married. we'll see how it holds up, but so far I'm very happy with it. I paid a lot for an 8 year warranty, but considering my previous two needed major repairs after 4-5 years, I think the warranty was worth it.
I think all dryers take about 2 hours to fully dry a full load.
Bosch/Siemens/Constructa appliances all seem to be good from my experience, although any company /appliance can be a lemon.
Our fridge is an LG. We've had it 10 years and so far haven't needed any repairs.
Our oven has needed a lot of repairs in the past 7 years. I don't know if it's the brand or if we got a lemon.
In my experience, it's worth the extra expense for an extended warranty. You pay for the warranties when the appliance is delivered, not at the store.
I also recommend getting water filters for your washing machine and dishwashers and the surge protectors. Just get whatever the technician is selling when he comes to install the appliance. it's not that overpriced and saves you the running around trying to find one yourself. They will save you repairs in the future.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions