Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
I don't know what boys wear to a wedding!
1  2  Next

amother
Beige

Post Mon, Feb 27 2017, 3:00 pm
What can I dress my 11 and 6 year old boys in for a close family members wedding? I feel a bit clueless and would love some advice! We live oot. Please help!

Thanks!

mommy3b2c

Post Mon, Feb 27 2017, 3:03 pm
The appaman suit. Nice mandarin collar shirt. Bow tie.

zaq

Post Mon, Feb 27 2017, 5:08 pm
Same as an adult. Dark suit, white shirt. With or without tie. Or with a nice vest in lieu of suit jacket. Iow, what they wear to Shul.

pause

Post Mon, Feb 27 2017, 6:06 pm
An Appaman suit is so expensive!

amother
White

Post Mon, Feb 27 2017, 6:21 pm
Silly question, but honestly asking. How do you attach the bow tie to a mandarin collar???

cnc

Post Mon, Feb 27 2017, 6:27 pm
amother wrote:
Silly question, but honestly asking. How do you attach the bow tie to a mandarin collar???

Has a clip on the back that clip on.

SixOfWands

Post Mon, Feb 27 2017, 6:32 pm
pause wrote:

Ebay.

Especially after Easter, there will be plenty of boys' suits for sale.

amother
White

Post Mon, Feb 27 2017, 6:34 pm
cnc wrote:
Has a clip on the back that clip on.

But wouldn't it ride up off the shirt and onto the neck, if there's no collar to keep it in place?

mommy3b2c

Post Mon, Feb 27 2017, 6:34 pm
pause wrote:

She didn't say how much she wanted to spend.

mommy3b2c

Post Mon, Feb 27 2017, 6:35 pm
amother wrote:
But wouldn't it ride up off the shirt and onto the neck, if there's no collar to keep it in place?

No. It is clipped on and stays in place.

imamother22

Post Mon, Feb 27 2017, 7:51 pm
I recently reserved adorable outfits at this gemach for my boys to wear to my brothers wedding. The suits and outfits are well kept and the lady running the gemach is really helpful. I know u said u live oot but if u will b in bklyn b4 the wedding it's worth a try!
Yeled shaashuim
718 677 1483
967 east 17 between I J
Sundays 3:00-5:00
I paid 10/ outfit

amother
Beige

Post Thu, Mar 02 2017, 6:44 pm
Thanks so much for all the helpful replies! Should they be dark suits? Appaman is expensive, but I would like them to look nice. eBay doesn't have so much now but I'll keep checking. They have a lot of light grey suits which I guess wouldn't work for an evening wedding. Can an 11 year old wear a bow tie or would it look silly? But I don't think a regular tie would fit on a mandarin collar. If I get a black or navy suit, what color shirt can they wear?

Thanks so much for all the help!! I don't know why I feel so clueless LOL

SixOfWands

Post Thu, Mar 02 2017, 7:03 pm
amother wrote:
Thanks so much for all the helpful replies! Should they be dark suits? Appaman is expensive, but I would like them to look nice. eBay doesn't have so much now but I'll keep checking. They have a lot of light grey suits which I guess wouldn't work for an evening wedding. Can an 11 year old wear a bow tie or would it look silly? But I don't think a regular tie would fit on a mandarin collar. If I get a black or navy suit, what color shirt can they wear?

Thanks so much for all the help!! I don't know why I feel so clueless LOL

6pm has Appaman, but smaller sizes:

http://www.6pm.com/p/appaman-k.....r/421

smile12345

Post Thu, Mar 02 2017, 7:29 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
6pm has Appaman, but smaller sizes:

http://www.6pm.com/p/appaman-k.....r/421

Had a look at the link and just wondering - what's so special about these suits over others?

mommy3b2c

Post Thu, Mar 02 2017, 7:39 pm
smile12345 wrote:
Had a look at the link and just wondering - what's so special about these suits over others?

The cut.

lizard8

Post Thu, Mar 02 2017, 11:10 pm
The Zara suits are also nice. The quality isn't as great, but they usually hold up until the child outgrows it. Tie for the 11 year old, bowtie or tie for the 6 year old. You can get the shirts and accessories on Zara too.

amother
Black

Post Thu, Mar 02 2017, 11:32 pm
Add a pocket square for a nice touch.

Marion

Post Fri, Mar 03 2017, 8:24 am
Shabbos clothes.

zaq

Post Fri, Mar 03 2017, 12:01 pm
Get a grip. The kid is 11, not 21 or 51. He's neither the chosson nor the father of the bride or groom. Let him be a kid. If you find a light grey suit that fits him and your budget, and he looks like a mensch in it, let him wear it. No one will care that he's wearing "daytime" clothing rather than "evening" clothing. Why are you trying to complicate your life? He'll look adorable no matter what. If ten years down the road some family rejects your ds for a shidduch because he wore a light suit to an evening wedding when he was 11 years old--you wouldn't want your ds to marry into such a family anyway. I hope.

amother
Yellow

Post Fri, Mar 03 2017, 3:52 pm
zaq wrote:
Get a grip. The kid is 11, not 21 or 51. He's neither the chosson nor the father of the bride or groom. Let him be a kid. If you find a light grey suit that fits him and your budget, and he looks like a mensch in it, let him wear it. No one will care that he's wearing "daytime" clothing rather than "evening" clothing. Why are you trying to complicate your life? He'll look adorable no matter what. If ten years down the road some family rejects your ds for a shidduch because he wore a light suit to an evening wedding when he was 11 years old--you wouldn't want your ds to marry into such a family anyway. I hope.

Get a grip?! That's harsh. She very much wants to dress her kid nicely and appropriately and in good taste. Why is that any worse than asking for a flounder recipe with only cornflake crumbs and no other type of crumb. Or wanting to know if a navy stroller is only for boys. Or wanting a wig with no part. Why should she get a grip because she wants something very specific that is harmless and that many people here can help her achieve?
I find people on this site incredibly harsh on anyone who wants to dress themselves or their kids well.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics