Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Do you think I should consider lastik eye surgery?
Previous  1  2

amother
Fuchsia

Post Tue, Feb 28 2017, 8:22 pm
amother wrote:
Sorry for the confusing post. Yes, she did one eye for reading and one for distance. I do not know the details of what they did, I just know they fixed her cataracts and vision and does not use any glasses anymore. This was done last year, so yes, it could be the "very very new"

WADR are you sure your mother had LASIK and not just cataract surgery? Just so the op is clear on what happened.

amother
Burgundy

Post Tue, Feb 28 2017, 8:52 pm
When they say it's not permanent, do they mean that when it wears off, the eyes basically revert back to the old prescription?

amother
Magenta

Post Wed, Mar 01 2017, 12:24 am
amother wrote:
Babypink and magenta, you write that your prescription was plus. Are you really farsighted, or did you actually mean minus (nearsighted )?

I'm nearsighted, I actually meant that my prescription is over -10 and -13.

amother
Pink

Post Wed, Mar 01 2017, 12:37 am
amother wrote:
My eyesight is worse than yours was and I also can't drive in my glasses, but b"H I can still wear my lenses. LASIK scares me. I haven't been for a consultation in many years, but the last time I went the doctor said I'd still need to wear glasses (due to high prescription, 10+ and 13+, and astigmatism). I'd love to do it anyway but I'm afraid of the side effects and potential risks. I am terrified to mess around with my eyes.

Did you have any significant side effects?

The first two weeks, I felt like there were grains of sand in my eyes, and at night there was some halo effect with lights, but those went away.

I had one eye done for near and one for far, so I don't need reading glasses even though I'm nearly 50. However, I just recently had to get very low prescription glasses for driving because I didn't pass the eye test for renewing my license. In fairness, they told me that was a possibility, and I don't actually need the glasses to function.

Again, would I do it if I could wear lenses? I didn't think so. You only have one set of eyes.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics