Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Shabbos and Supper menus
ISO delicious moist baked shnitzel for Shabbos day

dove

Post Wed, Mar 01 2017, 9:55 am
Having guests for shabbos day and would like to put out some cold shnitzel. Due to dietary restrictions, it has to be baked. Does anyone have any good baked recipes that are baked and would still taste good the next day?

Thanks!

librarygirl

Post Wed, Mar 01 2017, 9:58 am
I usually grill, so I don't have a recipe for you, but use dark meat cutlets. They are much more moist.

Rutabaga

Post Wed, Mar 01 2017, 10:15 am
Dip cutlets in tehina and then into falafel ball mix. Spray with PAM and bake. Serve with additional tehina and other Israeli dips.

Marinate cutlets overnight in a mixture of equal parts honey, mustard, and white horseradish. Dip into breadcrumbs, spray with PAM, and bake.

dove

Post Wed, Mar 01 2017, 10:19 am
Library Girl, what do you put on before grilling?
Rutabaga, What can I use instead of white horseradish, cuz the rest of that sounds really good?

Amarante

Post Wed, Mar 01 2017, 10:33 am
This is not schnitzel per se since there is no coating but it is a delicious grilled chicken. It is so good that I generally make much more so that I can have leftovers. I have grilled indoors on a grill pan if you can't do outdoors.

For optimum flavor, marinate overnight or 24 hours. This is super easy and the flavor permeates and tenderizes the flesh of the chicken breast which can sometimes be dry. Just make sure you don't overcook it.

Unbelievable Chicken
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Serving Size: 6

Summary:

This unusual combination of common ingredients is fabulous! Everyone who tastes it asks me to share the recipe. You will love it and the many compliments you get - I promise!"

Ingredients:

1/4 cup cider vinegar
3 tablespoons prepared coarse-ground mustard
3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
1 lime, juiced
1/2 lemon, juiced
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
ground black pepper to taste
6 tablespoons olive oil
6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves

Directions:

1. In a large glass bowl, mix the cider vinegar, mustard, garlic, lime juice, lemon juice, brown sugar, salt, and pepper. Whisk in the olive oil. Place chicken in the mixture. Cover, and marinate 8 hours, or overnight.

2. Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat.

3. Lightly oil the grill grate. Place chicken on the prepared grill, and cook 6 to 8 minutes per side, until juices run clear. Discard marinade.

ra_mom

Post Wed, Mar 01 2017, 11:12 am
Arrange on a cookie sheet in one layer, leaving space in between each piece of breaded chicken. Bake uncovered in preheated oven at 400 for 20 minutes.
Take it out of the refrigerator Shabbos morning and allow it to sit on the counter and come to room temperature before serving.
Dove, you can use equal amounts of honey, mustard and a splash of lemon to marinate the chicken cutlets in and then dredge in cornflake crumbs. Or equal amounts honey, soy sauce, oil and marinate 2 hours or overnight then dredge in crumbs and bake.

juggling

Post Wed, Mar 01 2017, 11:33 am
Coat cutlets first in Mayo or a combination Mayo-mustard. Then dip in breadcrumbs. Bake about 20 minutes. The Mayo keeps it moist. Cooking just until done is crucial.

librarygirl

Post Wed, Mar 01 2017, 5:24 pm
Hi, actually my recipe is almost exactly amarante's, but I use honey instead of brown sugar.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Shabbos and Supper menus