Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Teachers' Room
Requalifying

Super Mom

Post Wed, Mar 01 2017, 9:55 am
Anyone here work as a teacher through the ministry of education in Israel? I'm a fully qualified English teacher. I am interested in changing track in order to work with kids one on one instead of rowdy classrooms. Ideas?

amother
Gold

Post Wed, Mar 01 2017, 11:14 am
Yup, I am. Are you certified in Israel? You didn't specify. I know the ministry has started a program for in-house tutoring called סולמות. Maybe you can speak to the English inspector in your area and ask if they know of any open positions in the program. You do need Israeli certification to do it. There is also the out of school option of tutoring through a company like Berlitz or Wall Street. Another idea is to build up private clients but that mostly works through word-of-mouth. If you want to do that you should start telling all of your friends and colleagues. I hope this was helpful.

Super Mom

Post Wed, Mar 01 2017, 12:13 pm
I have an Israeli B.Ed, teaching certificate, kviut and 6 years vetek. Going on Shabbaton next year and need to start thinking about courses to study. I can't take the stress of large classes any more. I'm feeling burned out but still want to use my teaching skills. I was thinking of Art therapy or something but I don't have a degree in psychology.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics