Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers
Looking for girls tznius nightgowns!!!

tzivi

Post Mon, Jul 25 2005, 3:22 am
I live in Australia and it is IMPOSSIBLE to find any tznius nightgowns for my 10 year old daughter. Does anyone know where I can buy nightgowns on the internet that are long past the knees and long sleeved with appropriate neckline, etc???? I would be soooooooo grateful if someone can help me, I am going insane trying to find anything suitable and it is the middle of Winter here and my darling daughter needs nightgowns asap!!!

de_goldy

Post Mon, Jul 25 2005, 3:45 am
Firstly, tehy are super easy to make.
Secondly, there are plenty of stores (where you live) that do have, ESPECIALLY now that its' winter!

tzivi

Post Mon, Jul 25 2005, 3:51 am
where do they sell them??? I have looked in so many different shops.
p.s. I don't sew and I don't have time or energy to learn!

TzenaRena

Post Mon, Jul 25 2005, 6:47 am
I'm surprised that in such a large Jewish community it's such a hard item to find. don't you have any children's clothing shops with frum owners on a Jewish "Main" street, like Kingston Avenue in CH, or 13th Ave. in BP?
It's funny, it's summer here and I need to buy the exact same item for my girls for camp. A good place here in New York for tznius nightgowns is Willliamsburg , that's where I got last year. No scouring all the racks for hours for the one item that fits your standard. In that store, everything was tzniusdik, and I made my selections in five minutes.

Not that that helps for out where you are, but maybe you can phone order?

tzivi

Post Mon, Jul 25 2005, 6:54 am
There are few Jewish main streets in Melbourne. Not many people sell tznius clothes and those who do import from overseas (U.S., Canada, Ertez Yisroel, etc.) My husband and I import socks and tights from overseas, maybe I should just find a supplier and import clothes and nightgowns, etc. myself??!!

elisecohen

Post Mon, Jul 25 2005, 8:06 am
These are in the US but ship internationally:

vermontcountrystore.com
llbean.com
childrensplace.com

Didi

Post Mon, Jul 25 2005, 4:40 pm
I was at kohls today I know they have a website. they had stunning long sleeve nightgowns that were down to the ankle from Carters. I think they were onsale for $22 each. I will be going to Carters tomorrow maybe they will be less there. THis was in the Girls department from a size 4 and up. Happy Shopping

Rivkie81

Post Tue, Jul 26 2005, 7:19 am
I would try Lands End also.

chen

Post Sat, Oct 29 2005, 8:02 pm
OK, I'm dumb...why can't your dtr wear pj's and put on a robe when she gets out of bed? personally I consider pj's far more tzniusdik than nightgowns, considering how nightgowns slide up around the waist all the time. warmer, too.

TzenaRena

Post Sat, Oct 29 2005, 8:18 pm
chen wrote:
OK, I'm dumb...why can't your dtr wear pj's and put on a robe when she gets out of bed? personally I consider pj's far more tzniusdik than nightgowns, considering how nightgowns slide up around the waist all the time. warmer, too.

There may be different opinions, but some Rabbonim are not matir for girls or women to wear PJ pants.

willow

Post Sat, Oct 29 2005, 11:49 pm
I never bought tznuis nightgowns in a jewish store, and I can always find them. Make a day of shopping and go to all the stores in your neighborhood I am sure you'll find them and they'll for sure be cheaper then buying from a frum store. However if you are looking to make some cash then I think it would be a great idea to become a supplier for your community.

miriam

Post Sun, Oct 30 2005, 12:01 am
Ebay is currently listing many tznius nightgowns on sale right now. Search for nightgowns and you can narrow it down to your daughter's size. Good luck.
I think it's easier to find tznius clothing second hand. I either buy on ebay or second hand stores.

lucky

Post Sun, Oct 30 2005, 4:52 am
miriam wrote:

I think it's easier to find tznius clothing second hand.

Yea, 'cause a generation ago even the non jews dressed more modestly.
On E-bay most long sleeve things are listed as "vintage".
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics