Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Best pump Medicaid

amother
Emerald

Post Wed, Mar 01 2017, 9:50 pm
Any input?
Options:

Ameda purely yours ultra
Medela pump in style advanced starter set
Spectra s2 for plus
Freemie hands free standard pump
Hygeia enjoye

MommyM

Post Wed, Mar 01 2017, 10:54 pm
I don't know about the others, but I was told the medela is better than the ameda. I have the medela (though I haven't personally used it yet), and I was told by a number of people that it's good.

esther11

Post Thu, Mar 02 2017, 7:16 am
I have the medela and the spectra from 2 different pregnancies/babies.
The medela is great for travel, u can easily upgrade to their pump in style tote and take it everywhere, great for working moms. The spectra I found to pump a little more quickly and quietly,

fiji

Post Thu, Mar 02 2017, 9:16 am
I had the medela and really liked it! I was also recommended by many people that it is the best one

dove

Post Thu, Mar 02 2017, 9:38 am
Another vote for the medela! I pump with it twice a day at work and found it works very well. (Have it with the tote bag, so its easy to carry around)

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Thu, Mar 02 2017, 11:21 am
medela all the way. it's loud but works well. I've never been successful with pumping - could never get more than 1/2 an ounce or so! But with this baby and this pump I can easily get 2 ounces and sometimes even more than 3!

bsy

Post Thu, Mar 02 2017, 12:45 pm
I have the medela pump in style but prefer my medela harmony (single hand pump).

amother
Gold

Post Thu, Mar 02 2017, 2:31 pm
Double pumps (for both sides) are much better than single sided pumps, in my opnion. I loved the medela pump in style!

bsy

Post Thu, Mar 02 2017, 2:36 pm
It takes me the same amount of time, because putting together the PIS takes time. I find the single hand pump easier and faster for me. But I get that most find a double more efficient.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Thu, Mar 02 2017, 3:10 pm
I find that I pump out more when I pumped one side at a time than when I do it simultaneously. Maybe the suction is more concentrated that way? Or, maybe it's all in my head...

bsy

Post Thu, Mar 02 2017, 3:33 pm
No I found the suction on the PIS stronger when it was just one side too

LittleDucky

Post Thu, Mar 02 2017, 3:59 pm
Love the medela. I didn't buy the tote. My insurance (not Medicaid) gave me the starter set and I just stick it in my work bag plus I bring a small cooler with frozen packs for transporting. Don't spend on the overly priced tote...

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, Mar 02 2017, 7:30 pm
These are your insurance choices? There has been hushed information that the Medela via insurance is a weaker motor than those bought retail. Ameda is NOT inferior to the Medela at all. I've pumped for 7 kids with the Ameda just fine and hated using a Medela, personally. It's a matter of everyone's body and what works for them.

If I would have an option, though, I'd go with Spectra S2. It does NOT have a battery pack if that's a problem, but there are ways to hack it with a Medela one (I think the 9V, not the 12V but check it up yourself since I have never done this and researched it for someone else so I may be incorrect in my memory).

amother
Amber

Post Thu, Mar 02 2017, 8:04 pm
I'm currently trying to decide between the medela, spectra, and ameda. I asked 2 lactation consultants, and they both said they prefer the ameda, Then the medela. One of them said she had no experience with the spectra, and the other said that spectra hasn't been around long enough so she doesn't recommend it, but she knows that there are ppl that are happy with it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics