Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Sneak peek of my photo shoot
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

amother
cornflower

Post Fri, Mar 03 2017, 9:02 am
mommy3b2c wrote:
Stylist for what?

And I prefer you don't say anything negative about the photographer, what if she's on here?

A stylist to create the "look" for the shoot. This can include styling the children's outfits (they are too similar here), adjusting the poses to look more natural (although a good photographer can do that), as well as bringing and setting up props etc.

mommy3b2c

Post Fri, Mar 03 2017, 9:15 am
amother wrote:
A stylist to create the "look" for the shoot. This can include styling the children's outfits (they are too similar here), adjusting the poses to look more natural (although a good photographer can do that), as well as bringing and setting up props etc.

Well I was my own stylist, and I think I did a great job. Thanks for your input.

cnc

Post Fri, Mar 03 2017, 9:37 am
mommy3b2c wrote:
Well I was my own stylist, and I think I did a great job. Thanks for your input.

You did do a great job and more props would detract from the clothing.

ohmygosh

Post Fri, Mar 03 2017, 9:47 am
mommy3b2c wrote:
Stylist for what?

And I prefer you dont say anything negative about the photographer, what if she's on here?

Honestly, by posting the photos, you're in other words asking for feedback. That can include constructive criticism as well. You don't have to agree to it, but she's just telling you what her thoughts are. I'm not that poster but if you don't hear feedback from all sides, then you aren't getting the full picture.

tichellady

Post Fri, Mar 03 2017, 9:48 am
Cute! I am happy to give feedback if you want, but won't if you don't want

mommy3b2c

Post Fri, Mar 03 2017, 9:54 am
ohmygosh wrote:
Honestly, by posting the photos, you're in other words asking for feedback. That can include constructive criticism as well. You don't have to agree to it, but she's just telling you what her thoughts are. I'm not that poster but if you don't hear feedback from all sides, then you aren't getting the full picture.

Actually I wasn't asking for feedback. But by all means, give some feedback...

But it's not nice to say negative things about a photographer on a public forum.

And I didn't find her feedback constructive at all in the first post. The second post was a little more specific.

cnc

ohmygosh wrote:

Nothing in her OP made me think that she was asking for constructive criticism.
In this case, it would fall under on'aas devarim as the photo shoot was done and nothing can be changed at this point.

mommy3b2c

tichellady wrote:
Cute! I am happy to give feedback if you want, but won't if you don't want

Sure, give some feed back.

mommy3b2c

Post Fri, Mar 03 2017, 9:56 am
cnc wrote:
In this case, it would fall under on'aas devarim as the photo shoot was done and nothing can be changed at this point.

That's the way I felt too. Some anonymous poster comes on here and says it doesn't look good. First of all, it's one picture out of 100. Second of all, it's all done and paid for. What am I supposed to do about it?

happy to be me

Post Fri, Mar 03 2017, 10:04 am
Great job! Lots of hatzlacha.

amother
cornflower

Post Fri, Mar 03 2017, 10:06 am
mommy3b2c wrote:
That's the way I felt too. Some anonymous poster comes on here and says it doesn't look good. First of all, it's one picture out of 100. Second of all, it's all done and paid for. What am I supposed to do about it?

Sorry, I assumed you posted it for feedback to improve future shoots.

sky

Post Fri, Mar 03 2017, 10:07 am
I think they look great. Hatzlacha.

cnc

Post Fri, Mar 03 2017, 10:10 am
mommy3b2c wrote:

And btw I honestly do think they look great . I didn't say it just because it's already done.

I love the clean neat look.

mommy3b2c

Post Fri, Mar 03 2017, 10:26 am
amother wrote:
Sorry, I assumed you posted it for feedback to improve future shoots.

It's interesting that you thought when I only posted one picture. How can you critique a photo shoot based on one picture? But you are definitely entitled to your opinion.

ra_mom

Post Fri, Mar 03 2017, 10:31 am
cnc wrote:

I agree.

gold21

Post Fri, Mar 03 2017, 11:56 am
mommy3b2c wrote:
And another! I think I figured it out.

Artistically speaking (nothing to do with the models or the clothes- just the actual shoot), this is my favorite. Tongue Out

I think it's a great shot.

mommy3b2c

Post Fri, Mar 03 2017, 12:01 pm
gold21 wrote:
Artistically speaking (nothing to do with the models or the clothes- just the actual shoot), this is my favorite. Tongue Out

I think it's a great shot.

Thanks! We happen to have gotten some really great ones. I will post more next week hopefully.

amother
Ruby

Post Fri, Mar 03 2017, 12:08 pm
amother wrote:

I happen to agree with her on the first picture. You're just getting started though so you should probably welcome feedback.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Fri, Mar 03 2017, 12:40 pm
Will your clothes be as in stores?

mommy3b2c

Post Sat, Mar 04 2017, 4:37 pm
Amelia Bedelia wrote:
Will your clothes be as in stores?

No. They are not my own designs. I just sell them. My future goal is to design my own line.
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics