Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
How does it feel to be wealthy
Previous  1  2

mommy3b2c

Post Mon, Mar 06 2017, 2:12 pm
amother wrote:
Dont agree. My dh is one of those ambitious make a plan people. Things were really tight when we first were married. 4 yrs of night college and now he is in a big firm. Not rich but with a plan. I have no doubt he could make a milion/yr one day. He worries about how to make that happen when hes forty though not fifty. Making a plan and sticking to it is hard. It means accepting salary setbacks in order to get ahead. It means working full time, being in night college, and getting up at the crack of dawn to study for the bar/CPA/Nclex. It means not having the baby you so desperately want so that you can have it a year later with peace of mind and in good health. It's not easy but it's possible.

You are completely leaving G-d out of the picture. Unwise.

amother
Tangerine

Post Mon, Mar 06 2017, 2:25 pm
I feel grateful that money is not an issue. That said, we have plenty of other problems. I don't think that having less money would help with those problems (but we are also not very wealthy, I just happen to feel wealthy, it's possible that having huge amounts of $ would create other problems)

elisheva25

Post Mon, Mar 06 2017, 2:25 pm
mommy3b2c wrote:

I agree with you 101 percent . What the above poster said is true .... you need a good plan....BUT....unless It's Hashem's will for you to be rich you won't be. Yes ull have the degrees hanging on your wall and maybe you'll have a job with a good paying salary.... but not real wealth. And if HaShem decides to make you rich, trust me HE will find a way to do it.

zelda

Post Mon, Mar 06 2017, 3:53 pm
I accidently married someone whose family has money. They don't act wealthy and spend very modestly but they have a lot and share generously with us. I have to say I am thankful every day. It's such a relief not to have to worry about money. I feel like hashemgave me this Bracha so I would have more strength to deal with the other challenges I have. But seriously. I don't know what I did to deserve it. I feel like it's a Huge gift. I don't buy a lot of things but I don't have to worry. Which is the main thing.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Mon, Mar 06 2017, 5:26 pm
I'm ambitious and work really really hard and long hours and we still don't make it.
We have many many issues that are not money related but I find the money part makes thing 1000% worse because I can never ease up and have conveniences when the other major things get in the way. Think Dr, mental health and lawyer visits plus 60 hour workweek but can't afford any convenience foods ever.
Hashem runs the world, ambition will not do it!
There are lee wealthy people and ambitious poor people

amother
Chartreuse

Post Mon, Mar 06 2017, 5:36 pm
Money doesn't bring happiness, but it sure makes for a more pleasant form of misery!

This pretty much sums it up for me. Whatever the problem is, money won't always solve it, but it can help you manage in your difficult time. Try having the same problem without money to help out...

amother
Pewter

Post Mon, Mar 06 2017, 6:19 pm
I was filling up on gas in nj and as I was opening the window the attendant said "fill it up regular"? I said "yes" ....he said "u people always take regular" I said "many of us "people" (jews) have car leases why would we put in super into a lease?" He said "because you all have money" I said "thats not true" he said "oh yes it is true" I said " the reason why u think that is because we are wealthy over here" and I pointed to my head and to my heart ....he was taken a back...

amother
Aquamarine

Post Mon, Mar 06 2017, 9:24 pm
A friend of mine is legitimately friends with a woman in my community who is exceptionally wealthy. Wealthy as in their family's name is on plaques around the world and they support just about every local institution single handedly. This woman once commented to my friend that she has very few true friends because when people see her they see her money.
After hearing that I'm really not envious. A pedestal is a very lonely place to be.

amother
Beige

Post Mon, Mar 06 2017, 10:56 pm
mommy3b2c wrote:

That does not negate my point. Although admittedly it makes everyone feel better about their situation so why bother arguing?

mommy3b2c

Post Mon, Mar 06 2017, 11:08 pm
amother wrote:
That does not negate my point. Although admittedly it makes everyone feel better about their situation so why bother arguing?

I believe your point was that if you work hard enough you WILL become a millionaire. There are people who work like dogs and never become millionaires. G-d runs the world and if he decides you will not make it, then you won't.

amother
Beige

Post Mon, Mar 06 2017, 11:51 pm
mommy3b2c wrote:
I believe your point was that if you work hard enough you WILL become a millionaire. There are people who work like dogs and never become millionaires. G-d runs the world and if he decides you will not make it, then you won't.

My point was in response to a poster who connoted that its useless to try and become financially successful as that's basically impossible with a frum lifestyle. I disagree.
There is a strong correlation between grueling efforts and a well paying careers.

There is a prevalent attitude I find here of people blaming their circumstances on other things. Lack of a REAL education, insane cost of frum life, or the ever popular, that's what Hashem wants. These all may be true. But that attitude won't change anything. Either accept the situation or get ahold of your life and take responsibility for the choices you are making.

We wear seatbelts, eat healthy, take money with us to the store, use helmets, smoke detectors, give vaccines, listen to weather forecasts, and a do a myriad of other earthly actions in this earthly world. Being financially responsible should be one of these things. It is not an elusive, mystery formula that we must leave solely up to G-D,
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics