Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Higher instances of colorectal cancer in young adults

staten islander

Post Mon, Mar 06 2017, 9:34 am
I read that the instances of colorectal csncer in young adults skyrocketed. Scientists don't have a concrete cause. Anyone want to hazard a guess?

rachel6543

Post Mon, Mar 06 2017, 9:44 am
Could be lots of potential factors:
- more people are overweight now than in previous generations, could be a connection to that
- diet - a conventional Western diet is not the healthiest and has been linked to various health issues
- chemicals/pollution- these days we are exposed to so many (untested) chemicals and pollution, who knows what unknown health risks there are

staten islander

Post Mon, Mar 06 2017, 10:24 am
It's so scary,in one hand,we have all these incredible medical advances,and on the other hand,we don't know what's in our food or environment

sourstix

Post Mon, Mar 06 2017, 10:33 am
I think chemicals in our food. create so many problems. preservatives are not ment for our bodies. they stay in there and cause too many issues. the overweight was always a problem. in europe it was a sign of health. so no people are not more overweight then at that time. I dont believe the overweight issue.

many medical issues have no answer. we dont even know answers to ibs. which so many of us have. every second person that has stomach issues they cant diagnose they say ibs. its a joke. thats cause they have no answer. there are plenty of health issues we simply dont know and cant help for.

ectomorph

Post Mon, Mar 06 2017, 11:16 am
We spend a lot more time sitting nowadays

OneSource

Post Mon, Mar 06 2017, 3:20 pm
Unfortunately, I'm one of those hit with colorectal cancer and I just turned 33. I have stage IV cancer, with mets to my liver. Having read the ACS study and discussed it at length with my doctor (and even appearing on TV last week as a young patient example), my ongoing theory here is that its a combination of environmental and dietary. I'm not obese, don't eat poorly and am pretty active (w/ three little kids at home) but - a lot of the food we eat (generally) is processed, loaded with preservatives and other harmful additives. Also, we (as a generation) have been exposed to loads of antibiotics, radiation, cleaning solutions, etc. which probably has had an impact. Baruch Hashem, I'm doing really well but for so many others around my age, they simply aren't. I have no family history of this either so knowing what to look for was what led to such a late diagnosis. It's a scary epidemic of cancer (all types) right now. Just davening for us all.

amother
Gray

Post Mon, Mar 06 2017, 3:26 pm
I read about this a couple of weeks ago and I'm freaked out. My husband is 30 and has a very bad family history (relatives on each side). His doctor recommends he start getting yearly scopes at 35, I'm starting to wonder why not start now. I'm 29 and must admit I'm a bit creeped out myself. No family history, but I do take a medication that causes me gastrointestinal pain, so how am I supposed to know if chv anything is wrong rather than just my medicine doing its thing.

iyar

Post Mon, Mar 06 2017, 4:38 pm
I won't hazard a guess.
I'm not knowledgeable enough to offer an opinion.
I will say it scares me that so many of the "healthy" foods we eat: chicken, fish, milk and dairy products, fruits, vegetables, are contaminated with all kinds of chemicals, pesticides, mercury and stuff we don't even know is there. Even our water and the air we breathe are contaminated.

S11

Post Mon, Mar 06 2017, 4:47 pm
OneSource I'm happy to hear that you are doing well. I hope that you have a complete refuah shelamah. I hope u don't mind my asking but what were your symptoms? I'm so scared of getting anything CV. I think everyone should have a pet scan every couple of years

OneSource

Post Mon, Mar 06 2017, 6:07 pm
Well, my symptoms were all written off by my doctors as side effects of pregnancy/post-birth bodily reactions. If there was any bleeding, my docs didn't bother to check and said it was a hemorrhoid. When I was pregnant with my last child, I felt pain in my right side (around my rib area). The doctor said it was just the baby pushing against my rib. Turns out, that pain was three tumors on my liver. I was also very anemic throughout my 20's. My doctors said it was nothing to worry about and to take iron pills while pregnant. I never even had a hemorrhoid. I had colon cancer! Otherwise, I was healthy. Working, living my life. Barely even had a cold. Until I had stage IV cancer. Now, in hindsight, I wished I never listened to my doctors. If found early, chances are really good of beating colon cancer and living a long, healthy life. I have a 60% shot of living five years. I'd give anything to have known what to look for. But I can honestly say that Hashem only gives what we can handle. For whatever reason, He gave me cancer to overcome. With His help, IYH, I will.

amother
Mauve

Post Mon, Mar 06 2017, 6:55 pm
You don't expect them to come out and admit Monsanto and Chemtrails are harming us all, do you?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics