Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
What do you make of this?
Previous  1  2

amother
Brunette

Post Thu, Mar 09 2017, 9:38 pm
I could just see such a tenant not paying the rent and saying, ''yeah, that's right, we agreed to this amount, but y'know how it is...'' and just fall behind in payments or not pay at all..... yikes.

amother
Cyan

Post Fri, Mar 10 2017, 7:57 am
If she calls again, I would make another appointment to show it to her and wait until she called me saying she is waiting. Then go and open the door to show the apartment.

I'd be interested to meet her and see if she is really like that in general, or it was a one time thing and she just didn't realize what she did wrong.

I personally make mistakes like that and honestly don't realize until later, when it is pointed out to me. I then apologize and make sure to change for the future. Unfortunately I had not the most amazing social skills taught to me as a child and I had to learn many things in my adult life.

amother
Puce

Post Thu, Mar 23 2017, 10:10 pm
I ended up telling her no, but I told her the reason why. This way hopefully she'll learn from her mistake and won't repeat it to any other potential landlords.
She finally apologized but that wasn't really the point. I don't want to be the one stuck with tenants who are clueless about the way the real world works in terms of responsibility...
I'm the same op as the one about the people whose parents have financial issues. Lucky us, we're finding all the tenants who have issues! Lol

penguin

Post Fri, Mar 24 2017, 12:08 am
If it's hard to find tenants, I might give her another chance, but only when it was a convenient time for me to be at the house anyhow. And then see what impression she makes. But if you already told her no...

shatzileh

Post Fri, Mar 24 2017, 8:53 am
Regardless of whether it's normal or rude, cultural or clueless, she's not a good fit for you, and as a landlord I'm sure you need to avoid as much friction as you can from the outset, because it's very possible to come up anyway even with the smoothest of starts.

I would have advised giving her a second chance, but giving her a time and saying "I'm going over just for this purpose, I really need you to be on time, or give me 2 hours notice if you won't be. My schedule just isn't that fluid." Perhaps she just needed some cues that you're not that "type."

Either way, I think you made the right choice specifically - it would drive me crazy too! - but also generically in staying away from a long-term legal relationship that just rubs you the wrong way.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette