Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
Purim and drinking
1  2  Next

amother
Oak

Post Thu, Mar 09 2017, 12:55 pm
what was the funniest thing your DH said or did while drunk on purim?

amother
Ruby

Post Thu, Mar 09 2017, 1:04 pm
DH doesn't get drunk on Purim. B"H!

Post Thu, Mar 09 2017, 1:16 pm
I don't find drunk people funny.

mommy3b2c

Post Thu, Mar 09 2017, 1:18 pm
My husband doesn't do anything particularly funny, he just acts adorable 😀

Iymnok

Post Thu, Mar 09 2017, 1:40 pm
He has trouble letting go, even while drunk. Usually talking louder and giggling. IY"H this year should be good since we'll be at home with friends, he could relax.

agreer

Post Thu, Mar 09 2017, 1:41 pm
Being drunk is disgusting.

Thank G_D my husband doesn't get drunk. I would lose all respect for him if I saw him vomit on himself due to his own drinking, as I've unfortunately seen happen too many times.

amother
Copper

Post Thu, Mar 09 2017, 1:47 pm
He tells me he loves me a lot (which is nice). One year he blessed me out loud during benching and added that I am a bat Cohen (which I am not and he obviously knows that) to up my status. I couldn't stop laughing

mommy3b2c

Post Thu, Mar 09 2017, 2:51 pm
agreer wrote:
Being drunk is disgusting.

Thank G_D my husband doesn't get drunk. I would lose all respect for him if I saw him vomit on himself due to his own drinking, as I've unfortunately seen happen too many times.

Not everyone behaves disgusting when they are drunk. I love the way my husband acts when hes drunk. He turns into the sweetest, most gentle guy.

amother
Peach

Post Thu, Mar 09 2017, 3:09 pm
mommy3b2c wrote:
Not everyone behaves disgusting when they are drunk. I love the way my husband acts when hes drunk. He turns into the sweetest, most gentle guy.

Mine,too! I always say simchas torah and Purim I get to hear how fabulous I am. Not that he doesn't tell me he loves me during the year, but when he is drunk, he is downright mushy, which is not his nature.

amother
Amethyst

Post Thu, Mar 09 2017, 3:31 pm
Same here lol. DH becomes mushy and sentimental and exuberant and I love seeing that side of him. One year he went over to random people in the street and started dancing with them. He yells happy Purim to strangers and hugs them. One year he gave out $5 bills to all the cousins. The funniest part of that was my uncles tried to stop him because they thought he was just giving away his money because he was drunk but we'd actually discussed and planned it beforehand! I laugh every time I remember my uncle trying to confiscate his wallet so he should stop giving away money 😂

I remind him to drink water in between so that he'll have the fun of being tipsy without the side effects of feeling sick and hungover afterward.

mommy3b2c

Post Thu, Mar 09 2017, 4:10 pm
amother wrote:
Mine,too! I always say simchas torah and Purim I get to hear how fabulous I am. Not that he doesn't tell me he loves me during the year, but when he is drunk, he is downright mushy, which is not his nature.

Same here. I love hearing about how gorgeous and wonderful I am! I always wondered if I am the only one. Everyone is always talking about how disgusting it is to be drunk, but not the men in my life, bh. My brothers turn into sweet puppies too.

And who is hugging all our posts? And why?

amother
White

Post Thu, Mar 09 2017, 4:47 pm
you can't tell that my dh is drunk until he passes out. If he doesn't get to that point he's just a little bit more talkative etc.. then usual. People who meet him when he's drunk think he's sober until he tells them how much he drank. He doesn't do it often though.

amother
Aubergine

Post Fri, Mar 10 2017, 12:17 am
mommy3b2c wrote:
Same here. I love hearing about how gorgeous and wonderful I am! I always wondered if I am the only one. Everyone is always talking about how disgusting it is to be drunk, but not the men in my life, bh. My brothers turn into sweet puppies too.

I guess they are just plain jealous!
My DH gets emotional on Purim.
The best is how you see his inner desires pour out. He laments the fact that he didn't learn more, wasn't a better person etc. etc.
I think it is beautiful to see and beautiful for my kids to see.
He also becomes super generous with the tzedakah which is why I hold the check book. He usually does one uber-generous donation to a random kids yeshiva before he conks out!

amother
Plum

Post Fri, Mar 10 2017, 6:55 am
We both drink and become affectionate.

amother
Teal

Post Fri, Mar 10 2017, 7:30 am
This thread is making me sad. Purim triggers me to want to pick up drinking again.

amother
Red

Post Fri, Mar 10 2017, 7:33 am
mommy3b2c wrote:

I didn't hug your post, but maybe the other person did because you make it sound like your DH is not gentle and kind otherwise (I.e. not drunk). I'm sure that's not the case, but that's what it sounds like.

smilealot

Post Fri, Mar 10 2017, 7:47 am
My DH is so much fun when he's drunk.
We all love it.
He dances in the streets with everyone and sits on the side of the road singing at the top of his lungs with the kids.
We all really enjoy it.

Blips.
At purim seuda he told my dad to shut up and stop darshening for so long. Everyone was horrified!!
Last year he came to bed saying that I'm a pig pig pig.
Kids thought was very amusing. (I didn't).

Generally when he's drunk it's fun and light.

mommy3b2c

Post Fri, Mar 10 2017, 8:07 am
amother wrote:
I didn't hug your post, but maybe the other person did because you make it sound like your DH is not gentle and kind otherwise (I.e. not drunk). I'm sure that's not the case, but that's what it sounds like.

I don't think I made it sound like that at all. There's just something about him when he's drunk that turns him into a puppy. And besides, when you're drunk, your inhibitions come down. If you act gentle and kind, it's because at your core you are gentle and kind. Mean drunks act mean, because that is really who they are.

amother
Apricot

Post Fri, Mar 10 2017, 9:18 am
mommy3b2c wrote:

I didn't hug the posts but I'll bet the hugs are because many believe that drinking out of control is a very dangerous and disturbing thing to do and to have kids witness.
The descriptions by wives of wonderful, generous drunk husbands may be believed to be extremely misguided. That families take this opportunity to drink in a "religion-sanctioned" way may be believed to be ugly.
Just a guess.

amother
Lime

Post Fri, Mar 10 2017, 9:27 am
mommy3b2c, I am ashamed to post this under my sn, but dh is the same way. he is always a good generous person but he isn't very talkative or gushy. on purim when he drinks, he becomes crazy over me so much so that I get really turned on. yet he is always appropriate in public. but he'll pull me over into a room to hug/kiss and tell me affectionate things .

in public one year he announced all the things he's grateful for: his wonderful wife, his children, named them one by one and how long after our wedding they were each born... (A month later before pesach, DS tells me that he knows I got pregnant with him 1.5 months after our wedding and I'm like shock how do you know that? So he said because on purim tatty said he was born 10.5 months after our wedding and in echad me yodaya it says that it takes 9 months for the baby to grow. Smile )

my love language is words of affirmation so I really look forward to purim and try to work out the schedule about where we are when so that dh can drink and not have to drive after.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics