Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
HELP 15 MONTH OLD HAS LICE!!!

amother
Linen

Post Thu, Mar 09 2017, 4:59 pm
Help my 15 month old has lice!!!! He goes to a nursery so might have caught it there I think I got it as well
Has anyone ever had this?
Can it be in my wig?
What is the best treatment
We live in the uk

Iymnok

Post Thu, Mar 09 2017, 5:03 pm
Comb comb comb.

Mayonnaise suffocates them and loosens their grip.

If it's only a little, you could kill each one and squish each nit.

SingALong

Post Thu, Mar 09 2017, 5:06 pm
Firstly try to find a professional nits/lice checker/cleaner. They can help you.

I'd shmear conditioner all over his and your hair. Let it sit a few minutes then comb though with a lice comb. You may need to do this every couple of days. His clothing, hats, jackets, linen and brushes all need to be cleaned. Call his teacher to let her know, the whole class needs to get checked/cleaned. Your husband and other siblings should also get checked/cleaned out.

WastingTime

Post Thu, Mar 09 2017, 5:07 pm
They have a lot of 'natural' remedies which I don't know how safe they are but they are not pesticides. You really just have to comb daily for a week and a half to be sure. Good thing at that age is there is only so much hair they can have! I had to put a 1.5 yr old in front of a video to keep his still once. Wigs can catch it like any other item- they cannot live on your wig though since their's no living being attached to the hair. If you find on your wig it is worth washing- people say to put your wig in the freezer but its a bobbamaisa

amother
Linen

Post Thu, Mar 09 2017, 5:12 pm
Thanks for all your replies
I put on hedrin I hope that will do the trick..

reality mom

Post Thu, Mar 09 2017, 6:28 pm
Been there done that.
No need to worry about your wigs, Lice feed on the scalp to survive so as long as you see nothing on your wig, You neednt worry.
About your son, this is foolproof. Avoid all the chemicals. Smother him in a good conditioner (Pantene is proven to be best for cases like this) and with a good lice comb comb every single strand of hair in sections to make sure that you covered his entire head. (I like the metal $25 comb the best.. Nixa?) Clean the comb after each stroke. (I wipe it into a paper towel).
Wash his linen and coat, and make sure to follow up with the above process for at least three days in a row. Its not so bad, OP!

amother
Linen

Post Fri, Mar 10 2017, 3:43 am
So I was combing though his hair this morning and I found a live louse this is after I put on the hedrin last night it looks like hes infested Sad Sad

superdupermom

Post Sun, Mar 12 2017, 4:03 pm
I feel for you, I've been there a couple of years ago. I wouldn't use anything but olive oil on head. Like really soak hair in oil. Then comb, comb, comb. And repeat every 2 days. To get oil out put shampoo on dry hair. Hope this helps you.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics