Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions
Liquid makeup on Shabbos?

amother
Emerald

Post Fri, Mar 10 2017, 10:51 am
This is a question for those who hold that Shabbos makeup is ok:

I've always been taught that spreading on Shabbos is not ok, except for if it's in a liquid form. A few examples are: liquid deodorant, face oil, and liquidy soap. So does that mean that using a liquid/serum foundation on Shabbos is ok as well? The one that I have in mind is Bare Minerals Bare Skin Foundation. It literally comes out in a dropper and has to be shaken before use.

Thank you!

sweetpotato

Post Fri, Mar 10 2017, 11:02 am
I'm pretty sure the issue with any liquid makeup is the melacha of dyeing, because it's absorbed into the skin (even temporarily) and that's why only certain powder makeups may be permitted on shabbos.

tichellady

Post Fri, Mar 10 2017, 12:44 pm
I was told I could use clear or non colored liquid makeup, such as a clear liquid gloss or clear mascara

LittleMissMama

Post Fri, Mar 10 2017, 2:53 pm
The liquid makeup stays on too well - so it's dyeing. Whereas, some hold by the powder stuff because it's more temporary.

rednavy

Post Fri, Mar 10 2017, 4:18 pm
IIRC I was told that if it will come off by itself within 24 hours then it's okay. Otherwise, it would be dyeing.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions