Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Ew....My cleaning lady.....
1  2  3  Next

amother
Red

Post Fri, Mar 10 2017, 11:30 am
She uses my master bathroom for her personal use! I wish I can tell her to use a different bathroom but I'm too chicken because she's so sensitive and I can't risk her leaving me because I offended her. But I'm so grossed out!! I don't let my kids use my bathroom.
She cleans my bathroom and then uses it! At least if she'd clean it after she used it! Puke Puke Puke Puke Puke

mommy3b2c

Post Fri, Mar 10 2017, 11:31 am
Seriously. Get a grip.

Raindropsonrose

Post Fri, Mar 10 2017, 11:33 am
You do realize she's a human being, right? If you don't like her using your bathroom, maybe clean it yourself.

groovy1224

Post Fri, Mar 10 2017, 11:33 am
Woah that's a strong reaction..if you find her so disgusting why would you be okay with her using ANY bathroom in your house?

Maybe ask her if she can clean the bathroom AFTER she uses it so it will stay fresh the longest

chayamiriam

Post Fri, Mar 10 2017, 11:37 am
Wow is she not human, does she go to the bathroom in a diffrent more disgusting way then you do!! You sound like someone who I would never work for , no matter how much I needed the money!

amother
Pearl

Post Fri, Mar 10 2017, 11:47 am
If u think thats bad, mine doesnt flush twice for some reason so if she still has tissues after flushing once, she puts dirty gross tissues into my bathroom garbage. I tried telling her about it so she stopped but now shes back to it.

amother
Red

Post Fri, Mar 10 2017, 11:47 am
So are all you people ok with sitting on a public toilet without covering it because everyone is a human being who uses it??? Do you not understand a desire for a private bathroom where I can feel comfortable to sit down without worrying about sharing germs?? Why is everyone yelling at me like I'm crazy for wanting a personal bathroom to be respected? I don't mind her taking care of her needs in a different bathroom but mine in my bedroom is different.
Am I the only one who thinks like this?!

amother
Gray

Post Fri, Mar 10 2017, 11:49 am
Have you read The Help? Sounds just like it.

PAMOM

Post Fri, Mar 10 2017, 11:52 am
1. You're ok then with your kids "sharing germs"?
2. What germs do you think remain on a toilet seat?
3. Do you plan to give her a "maids only" bathroom?
4. I hope you're the only person who feels as you apparently do ("apparently" because maybe you're expressing yourself poorly).
5. What you describe is NOT the same as leaving dirty tissues.

ohmygosh

Post Fri, Mar 10 2017, 11:55 am
If it bothers you that much, why don't you just tell her that the master bath is for you and DH only, and all other guests use the other bathroom, so can she please do so as well.

Simple1

Post Fri, Mar 10 2017, 11:58 am
Why is it OK for your kids and not for you?

amother
Tangerine

Post Fri, Mar 10 2017, 12:01 pm
Not trying to be snarky, but maybe she's grossed out by using your bathroom (any of the bathrooms in your house), and that's why she cleans it before using it?

I would say that I'm happy my cleaning lady cleans the bathroom before using it, but honestly I never gave it a moment's thought and have no idea whether she cleans it first or after. Confused

groovy1224

Post Fri, Mar 10 2017, 12:02 pm
amother wrote:
So are all you people ok with sitting on a public toilet without covering it because everyone is a human being who uses it??? Do you not understand a desire for a private bathroom where I can feel comfortable to sit down without worrying about sharing germs?? Why is everyone yelling at me like I'm crazy for wanting a personal bathroom to be respected? I don't mind her taking care of her needs in a different bathroom but mine in my bedroom is different.

I think people reacted strongly because of the many many vomit emojis you used.

You're certainly entitled to dictate who uses your personal bathroom. It's yours. But you don't want to tell her not to use it, so..

This is not the same as a public restroom with dozens of unknown people in and out every hour. It's one person. That you let in your home. You find her acceptable enough to employ her, so your absolute disgust with her using your bathroom seems..over the top.

What was wrong with my suggestion of asking her to clean it after she uses the bathroom?

PAMOM

Post Fri, Mar 10 2017, 12:07 pm
Ohmygosh, your response was much kinder than mine (and probably more helpful), but my questions remain.

SixOfWands

Post Fri, Mar 10 2017, 12:07 pm
Your skin is designed to protect you against whatever bacteria are out there. And toilet seats are specifically engineered, with smooth non-porous surfaces, not to harbor germs and bacteria. No reason not to sit. No reason to worry about others, unless you have broken skin.

http://www.today.com/health/so.....18408

miami85

Post Fri, Mar 10 2017, 12:08 pm
amother wrote:

was thinking the same thing

For the record, toilet seats are designed in such a way to repel germs--they are hard non-porous surfaces. They are sloped inward to deter moisture so that the germs cannot thrive. If a woman sits down, what "germs" are getting ON the seat?

Kids--especially little boys, I can hear one might get "grossed out" but a grown woman who CLEANS for a living would probably understand the desire for a clean bathroom and would tend to any mess if she should make any.

My "private" master-bathroom, if I had one would be off-limits to my kids so that I can leave my make up, bedika cloths, pads etc. where little hands wouldn't have unlimited access to them, not because of an "eww" factor.

WhatFor

Post Fri, Mar 10 2017, 12:18 pm
I'm an irrational germaphobe. And here's why your post is getting strong reactions. You are coming off as an entitled elitist overreacting about a first world problem that isn't even a problem.

Your post announces that, you have a private bathroom in your bedroom. This is a luxury for many posters here. You also have cleaning help. I'm tempted to write "regular cleaning help" because if this is a problem that comes up only once in a blue moon, then bless your heart for even posting about it.

It seems like you're doing alright, but wait, there's a problem. When you invite your cleaning woman into the bathroom to clean, she also, we shouldn't talk of such horrible things, spit, spit, spit, USES IT.

This elicits such virulent disgust from you, that you follow it with a whole bunch of vomiting emoticons. This is, of course, understandable. After all, why should the filthy excrement of a lowly cleaning lady be allowed to come in contact with the inside of your pristine toilet which is otherwise showered only with cotton candy and butterflies?

Had your post been phrased differently, and you would have have acknowledged that this is your own mishugas, such as, "I want to feel like I have a freshly cleaned unused toilet once a week after the cleaning lady leaves. Is it okay if I ask her if she uses it before she cleans?" I'm pretty sure the responses would have been different. I'm still not a hundred percent sure the original post wasn't trolling.

You want a simple solution if you're so worried about sharing germs? (And if this is really only about germs, idk how you didn't immediately come to this conclusion as I did....) After she leaves, take a bottle of Lysol and spray the toilet seat. Takes two seconds. Best of luck.

Post Fri, Mar 10 2017, 12:20 pm
amother wrote:

I agree with you that it is not nice. I pay to have my bathroom clean so it is clean when I use it. I like to be comfortable my facilities are sanitary.

You can tell the cleaning lady that only you use your bathroom. If you have a guest bathroom then tell her all others use the guest bathroom. She won't quit on you for that.

Chana Miriam S

Post Fri, Mar 10 2017, 12:21 pm
amother wrote:

This

sweetpotato

Post Fri, Mar 10 2017, 12:22 pm
Is this a Purim shpiel?
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics