Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
What was the cutest theme you saw this Purim?
1  2  3  Next

amother
Seashell

Post Mon, Mar 13 2017, 1:40 am
This is when I brainstorm for next year but didn't see anything really original or adorable this year.

Did you?

amother
Wine

Post Mon, Mar 13 2017, 1:45 am
Would love to see if my theme came up here but I didn't give to too many people to begin with and many aren't likely to post here...

fiji

Post Mon, Mar 13 2017, 5:21 am
I saw a pic on Facebook of a family dressed up as Ups deliverers and their mishloach manos were in authentic looking Amazon prime boxes. I liked it since getting Amazon packages delivered to my house is my fave!

mommy3b2c

Post Mon, Mar 13 2017, 8:07 am
My baby 😀

I just realized you said theme. I thought you said thing.

In that case it was my cousins dressed up as Wendy and john and their baby girl dressed up as Michael. Coincidentally, my baby was Peter Pan.

Last edited by mommy3b2c on Mon, Mar 13 2017, 8:51 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Seagreen

Post Mon, Mar 13 2017, 8:30 am
Where's waldo. Whole fam dressed in red-and-white striped shirts and caps with big black Waldo glasses and MM either were red and white striped or were in red and white striped packaging.

amother
Beige

Post Mon, Mar 13 2017, 8:52 am
Funniest I saw was someone put together a series of tweets from Donald Trump as if he was reacting to the Purim story. It was hysterical!

cbg

Post Mon, Mar 13 2017, 9:19 am
I got a shaloch manot that was really creative.
The theme was when life gives you lemons
The container was a glass jar with the spout on the bottom, for lemonade.
Inside was Country Time lemonade mix, lemon cookies, lemon candies and gummies, a stack of yellow cups, yellow and white stripe straws, napkins with lemon motif, a lemon squeezer, a long wooden spoon and 2 lemons.
The note was simple
When life gives you lemons
Make lemonade
Purim Sameach from the ------ family.

Most creative costume
2 teenage sisters dressed up as black and white. One was all in black, the other all in white. They held a big and half black and half white.
Don't know if their Shaloch Manot matched their costume.

elisheva25

Post Mon, Mar 13 2017, 9:23 am
My friend is a doctor and so is her husband. They dressed all of their 3 kids in surgical scrubs . 😂😂😂😭😭

keym

Post Mon, Mar 13 2017, 10:08 am
In my opinion the prize for the most used theme was Dr Seuss. I got at least 8 with that theme. (Mg apologies if that was yours. It was cute just a lot of people used it.)

amother
Powderblue

Post Mon, Mar 13 2017, 10:37 am
Family dressed as yeshiva bacurim and seminary girls. Tzitzis flying, girls in long skirts and pink oxford shirts, high ponies. They looked adorable

amother
Powderblue

Post Mon, Mar 13 2017, 10:39 am
Golfing family.

doctorima

Post Mon, Mar 13 2017, 11:09 am
amother wrote:
Funniest I saw was someone put together a series of tweets from Donald Trump as if he was reacting to the Purim story. It was hysterical!

That sounds hilarious! Could you post them? I would be very interested to read them.

amother
Black

Post Mon, Mar 13 2017, 11:58 am
Not a theme but I thought this was very cute. One of my friends took those mason jars that have a handle like a mug, and layered in hot cocoa mix in the bottom, layers of chocolate chips, marshmallows and cookies. Instructions said to remove everything but cocoa mix,and fill mug with hot water, add chips and top with marshmallows, drink with cookies. The layers looked pretty and it was something different.

pause

Post Mon, Mar 13 2017, 12:06 pm
amother wrote:
Not a theme but I thought this was very cute. One of my friends took those mason jars that have a handle like a mug, and layered in hot cocoa mix in the bottom, layers of chocolate chips, marshmallows and cookies. Instructions said to remove everything but cocoa mix,and fill mug with hot water, add chips and top with marshmallows, drink with cookies. The layers looked pretty and it was something different.
MM is supposed to be ready-made, ready-to-eat food.

amother
Black

Post Mon, Mar 13 2017, 12:29 pm
Cookies, marshmallows and chocolate chips are all ready to eat. The fact that one might use them as an ingredient doesn't change that.

zaq

Post Mon, Mar 13 2017, 12:42 pm
pause wrote:
MM is supposed to be ready-made, ready-to-eat food.
as long as the minimum two foods are ready to eat, the person is yotze. Cookies , chocolate and marshmallows are all ready to eat.

Water Stones

Post Mon, Mar 13 2017, 12:53 pm
There was a father dressed as a shepherd with a real sheep on a rope!

amother
Black

Post Mon, Mar 13 2017, 1:07 pm
Really seashells? I wonder how he pulled that off!!

yksraya

Post Mon, Mar 13 2017, 1:12 pm
I think my kids were the cutest! They were emojis, each kid a diff one. I saw some cute kids, but nothing stood out.

amother
Beige

Post Mon, Mar 13 2017, 1:19 pm
doctorima wrote:
That sounds hilarious! Could you post them? I would be very interested to read them.

Sorry, I saw it in someone's home that I was visiting. I can't remember exactly, but imagine using real things Trump said and applying it to the Purim story. Like calling Vashti a nasty woman and Haman a bad sick man and saying impolite things about Esther and comparing Esther's beauty to Ivanka. Oh, and comparing himself to Achashverosh with his ego coming out on top.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics