Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Looking to send my daughter to JEC

amother
Burgundy

Post Mon, Mar 13 2017, 10:26 pm
We are looking to move to Linden, New Jersey this summer and are considering sending our 7 year old to JEC. She will be entering 3rd grade in September. Can anyone tell me about this school? Thanks so much!

amother
Mint

Post Tue, Mar 14 2017, 1:17 am
is your daughter very run of the mill? Very in the box? Then she may be a good fit for the JEC. If not, just beware. The JEC has seen many of its students in the last couple of years leave to other schools due to a total inability to deal with kids who are out of the box.

On another note, most Linden families do not send to the JEC. The school has something of a bad reputation there. Several Linden families did send to the JEC then pulled out their kids. At this time, there may be two families who still send there.

amother
Burgundy

Post Tue, Mar 14 2017, 1:40 pm
amother wrote:
is your daughter very run of the mill? Very in the box? Then she may be a good fit for the JEC. If not, just beware. The JEC has seen many of its students in the last couple of years leave to other schools due to a total inability to deal with kids who are out of the box.

On another note, most Linden families do not send to the JEC. The school has something of a bad reputation there. Several Linden families did send to the JEC then pulled out their kids. At this time, there may be two families who still send there.

What do you mean by "out of the box"?

amother
Black

Post Tue, Mar 14 2017, 2:24 pm
amother wrote:

So where do linden families send their kids?

amother
Olive

Post Tue, Mar 14 2017, 3:44 pm
the families I know there- I can think of three, send to Netivot. It's a montessouri school in East Brunswick and there is a bus that goes there. The only problem is that your child is going in to third grade and most kids there start young. It's a different style of learning than your daughter is probably used so I don't if it'll work for you but you can call them.

saw50st8

Post Tue, Mar 14 2017, 3:46 pm
My friend in Linden sends to Golda Ochs.

amother
Blue

Post Tue, Mar 14 2017, 3:53 pm
Cant comment on the JEC,there is a new principal this year, but Golda Ochs is a Solomon Schecter, Conservative school.

amother
Wine

Post Tue, Mar 14 2017, 4:12 pm
I know people from Linden who send to Yeshiva of the Jersey shore.

amother
Purple

Post Thu, Mar 16 2017, 2:08 pm
I went to JEC years ago, but my mom was still a teacher there until she retired a few years ago. I also have friends who are now sending their children there (including one from Linden).

If your child is a typical learner, it's a nice school. There is a new principal, who I don't know.

They have enrichment activities/programs in several subjects for gifted students. They have a resources for kids with learning disabilities who need extra help, but I know less about that, and my impression was that if you have a significant learning disability or need a lot of academic help, it's not the right place. In general, the academics are pretty standard.

It's hard to describe what a school is like, nothing particularly noteworthy. I'd be happy to answer specific questions, if you'd like.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating