Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Orlando - place for Shabbos

LO

Post Tue, Mar 14 2017, 11:07 am
I am planning a trip to Orlando with my 3 kids sometime in the summer, and I am trying to figure out what to do for Shabbos. I know that Chabad lists hotels that are close to them, but the ones that I could book with points are not available, and I would prefer not to pay cash or divide up my stay between two hotels....

Can you please let me know if you have ever stayed in Orlando for Shabbos and what arrangements you had? Just trying to get ideas...

Thanks!

qwerty4

Post Thu, Mar 16 2017, 5:32 pm
I did, but we were only women so no need to stay near Chabad. I believe Westgate Palace is very close to Chabad.

qwerty4

Post Thu, Mar 16 2017, 5:35 pm
Are you staying in a hotel throughout, or renting a private villa?

Gerbera

Post Thu, Mar 16 2017, 8:54 pm
We were just there for shabbos at the Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress. We spoke to the front desk and they arranged that security would open our door when needed and we asked for a low floor. Room had a fridge. We had no problems with food. It's just a long day with kids and not much to do and no eruv. We brought board games and took a lot of walKS!

qwerty4

Post Fri, Mar 17 2017, 11:22 am
I stayed in Westgate Towers (not next to Chabad). Very basic hotel, but we got a ground floor suite with a back door to the hotel grounds, so there was no problem with getting out. We simply didnt use the main door to our room.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics