Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Can I have some boots on the ground snow reports?

MagentaYenta

Post Tue, Mar 14 2017, 3:25 pm
What's it like so far? Are your children enjoying it?

IIRC there was a massive snow storm on the east cost one March, perhaps in the 60's. It just kept coming down for two days. I remember walking down shoveled sidewalks with snow looming on both sides.

Kumphort

Post Tue, Mar 14 2017, 3:31 pm
Total bust. Blizzard warning was called off in NYC. A few inches of snow. Lots of icy rainy winters mix. So not even so fun for playing in

Post Tue, Mar 14 2017, 3:40 pm
We have about two feet and still coming down. The snow report says we have 20 - 30 inches. The snow is wet and heavy. It is difficult to shovel.

shanie5

Post Tue, Mar 14 2017, 4:04 pm
I'd say were close to 2 feet here. Snow is light weight and not too heavy to shovel. My car was buried until the weight of all that snow caused it to fall down one side of the car.
dd played outside with a friend. I had to shovel our way across the street to reach said friend,

mille

Post Tue, Mar 14 2017, 4:09 pm
We're close to 2 feet here in New Jersey, as predicted.

Post Tue, Mar 14 2017, 5:49 pm
A shout out to the wonderful guys going around helping all the stuck cars. BH for fellowship.

studying_torah

Post Tue, Mar 14 2017, 5:51 pm
Nasty mix of sleet and snow turned back into all snow now. Very heavy to shovel.
Not sure of totals, prob 10-12 inches so far, a lot more in drifts.

CatLady

Post Tue, Mar 14 2017, 5:57 pm
Walking home from work was... interesting. Montreal is in the midst of a white-out. We're getting the brunt of it now. Many of my co-workers who live in the 'burbs are planning to take a day off tomorrow. A total of 38 cms is expected. That's around 15". And yes, I bought extra bread and milk yesterday!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics