Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
If you could live in any Jewish community, where would you l
Previous  1  2  3  Next

dove

Post Wed, Mar 15 2017, 7:30 am
NOT in Lakewood

Maryann

Post Wed, Mar 15 2017, 7:31 am
Interesting... I thought everyone will say Miami!!

pesek zman

Post Wed, Mar 15 2017, 7:34 am
Maryann wrote:
Interesting... I thought everyone will say Miami!!

I wouldn't want to live in a place where everyone else vacations. Plus the heat. My resolve to observe tznius would be tested and I fear that I wouldn't pass

Maryann

Post Wed, Mar 15 2017, 7:37 am
Why u would live in a vacation place?

amother
Jetblack

Post Wed, Mar 15 2017, 7:41 am
Israel. I'd be so thrilled to make aliyah it wouldn't matter where (well, ok, obviously if it were actually happening, we'd do some research and figure out which community would work best for us). For now, I'd be happy to just get out of the Five Towns.

amother
Teal

Post Wed, Mar 15 2017, 7:54 am
id like to stay where we live now- a bit less traffic/noise would be great, but besides that im sooo happy we are where we are Smile
lovely community, nice ppl, b``H a job, b``H a school for the kids, b``H kosher food, b``H a mikve, b``H no war threat or frequent natural hazards...I just pray things should stay the way they are.

Carmen Luna

Post Wed, Mar 15 2017, 7:57 am
A blend of Yerushalayim (the city), LA (the weather) and NYC (the mentality)

Ruchel

Post Wed, Mar 15 2017, 8:32 am
We can do mix??

Ok, so good fresh weather (not hotter than Paris, ideally more like Alps but sans the snow), mentality and socialization like big communities around Paris, cheap like out of town.

If I have to choose one place, I still haven't found out if I want to be in parisian area or "big" out of town place. I've been finding out that while I love "happening"places, my current town just has kah too much stuff around and I can't attend even most events etc. So I guess slightly smaller? Yet again I love the huge choice.

Iymnok

Post Wed, Mar 15 2017, 8:41 am
A place with a community and schools in line with my hashkafas.
A place in which I can feel accepted and respected.
A place with beautiful scenery.
A place with easy access to all the basics.
A place with sensitive daas Torah.
A place I could afford.

In Israel.

amother
Aqua

Post Wed, Mar 15 2017, 9:58 am
So I grew up in a modern Orthodox/JPF environment. Over the years, I moved to the right and am pretty Yeshivish. However, if I could pick a community, I would go with a very strong dati Torani tziyoni place in Israel I.e. Bet El, Nof Ayalon, Kiryat Arba. I love how they can be Zionistic but keep all the halachos, are makpid on tznius, etc.

WastingTime

Post Wed, Mar 15 2017, 10:20 am
I find Monsey beautiful, would love to try something out of town - but right now am in RBS Israel and don't really ever think we will leave Israel. In Israel would love and OOT yeshivish community but it doesn't exist ( except maybe Karmiel but I am Arabphobic) and Moshav life sounds nice, except again we wouldn't really fit in. RE: places to visit Scotland for sure. Maybe I read and watched too much Outlander ;-) Thanks for the dreaming.

cnc

Post Wed, Mar 15 2017, 10:42 am
Century Village in Florida
(I have a few years to go)

princessleah

Post Wed, Mar 15 2017, 11:11 am
A place where people can march to the beat of their own drums and people don't judge and watch/care what their neighbors are doing. And without materialism. Does such a place exist?

amother
Firebrick

Post Wed, Mar 15 2017, 11:18 am
ramat beit shemesh.
I love it here.
so many flavors of frum.

behappy2

Post Wed, Mar 15 2017, 12:13 pm
On a ranch
On a big expanse of land
Under the sky

Stars

Post Wed, Mar 15 2017, 12:34 pm
behappy2 wrote:
On a ranch
On a big expanse of land
Under the sky

Same here

Zehava

Post Wed, Mar 15 2017, 12:42 pm
Memphis tennesse. Johannesburg south Africa.
Those two off the top of my head

Zehava

Post Wed, Mar 15 2017, 12:43 pm
princessleah wrote:
A place where people can march to the beat of their own drums and people don't judge and watch/care what their neighbors are doing. And without materialism. Does such a place exist?

Pretty sure bayswater fits the bill

Zehava

Post Wed, Mar 15 2017, 12:47 pm
DVOM wrote:
I love to read, and I sometimes get stuck 'living' in places I've read about inside my head. Yes, a bit weird, I know! So there are some places I've never been to that I'm dying to live in, or at the very least visit:

Inverness, Scotland
New Dehli, India
Washington state
Atlanta, Georgia

Me too! I read sun inside rain a few years back and knew I had to see south Africa!

mille

Post Wed, Mar 15 2017, 2:03 pm
Assuming all else was perfect, I'd want to live on Maui, aka not-a-true-community, secluded but with barely enough Jewish infrastructure to get by. Get a Hawaiian Airlines rewards card so I can flight to Oahu once a month to get meat, eat lots of fish, enjoy the chilled out Hawaiian lifestyle SO FAR from the Keepin Up With the Schwartzes mentality.

That said - I honestly cannot complain. I live in a dream community. What princessleah requests, our community has. It's so incredible and amazing, I wouldn't change it for the world. Hawaii aside, I'm happy where I am, thank God Smile
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating