Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Trump Wants to get rid of Medicaid
  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

amother
Cyan

Post Tue, Mar 14 2017, 3:47 pm
Oy, I won't be able to afford medically insurance. I simply wont🙁

Anyone else having issues with the new plan?

If you voted fro trump what do u say?

amother
cornflower

Post Tue, Mar 14 2017, 3:57 pm
amother wrote:
Oy, I won't be able to afford medically insurance. I simply wont🙁

Anyone else having issues with the new plan?

If you voted fro trump what do u say?

Why is this a surprise?

Of course a Republican president, with a Republican Congress, who promised to kill the ACA, were going to weaken Medicaid. Isn't that one of the reasons people supported Trump?

amother
Scarlet

Post Tue, Mar 14 2017, 4:00 pm
I think Medicaid is completely unfair mismanaged and unsustainable as it is now. I hope he does something about it.

amother
Cyan

Post Tue, Mar 14 2017, 4:01 pm
But he's gonna shut it down. And no I didn't vote for him. I hate that man.

But I simply can't afford this. I have 2 kids on constant expensive medications and need specialized care......I am beside myself.

amother
Babypink

Post Tue, Mar 14 2017, 4:03 pm
What makes you say he wants to get rid of it? Why are you getting hysterical? At the roundtable discussion (forgot with whom) He very much kept repeating that we have to remember and take care of the underprivileged.
Also, changing the aca doesnt mean abolishing medicaid.

Jeanette

Post Tue, Mar 14 2017, 4:05 pm
amother wrote:
What makes you say he wants to get rid of it? Why are you getting hysterical? At the roundtable discussion (forgot with whom) He very much kept repeating that we have to remember and take care of the underprivileged.

Have you actually read the details of AHCA? Or just relying on a promise he made during the campaign?

sequoia

Post Tue, Mar 14 2017, 4:06 pm
I thought medicaid was managed by states.

amother
Cyan

Post Tue, Mar 14 2017, 4:07 pm
[quote="amother"]I think Medicaid is completely unfair mismanaged and unsustainable as it is now. I hope he does something about it.[/quote]

So that's why we should completely shut it down? Why not replace it with something better. Just shutting down is idiotic and dangerous for so many people who can't afford to spend so much on specialized care like me. I have kids with a lot of medical issues. I really have no idea how I will do this.

amother
Cyan

Post Tue, Mar 14 2017, 4:09 pm
Read the plan, it says he will defund Medicaid!

To me it means it will get shut down! Think about this.

I guess you will need time.

The states don't have enough money, they go to government to support them and if the federal doesn't do this it will not sustain. The poor will be supporting the rich. The money that was gonna go to the poor will go to support the rich!

Yes your reading right! Wake up all people that voted dt,

MagentaYenta

Post Tue, Mar 14 2017, 4:10 pm
sequoia wrote:
I thought medicaid was managed by states.
States both manage it and fund it. From what I have read the state part of the funding would go to the govt to support the new tax credit system that is supposed to help fund Trumpcare. Medicaid and medicaid expansion will go by the wayside.

Last edited by MagentaYenta on Tue, Mar 14 2017, 4:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

dancingqueen

Post Tue, Mar 14 2017, 4:11 pm
amother wrote:
But he's gonna shut it down. And no I didn't vote for him. I hate that man.

But I simply can't afford this. I have 2 kids on constant expensive medications and need specialized care......I am beside myself.

Hugs. I don't think he will shut down all of Medicaid though with DT you never know for sure. They do plan to shut down the Medicaid expansion under the aca, is that what you're now covered by?

amother
Turquoise

Post Tue, Mar 14 2017, 4:12 pm
amother wrote:
So that's why we should completely shut it down? Why not replace it with something better. Just shutting down is idiotic and dangerous for so many people who can't afford to spend so much on specialized care like me. I have kids with a lot of medical issues. I really have no idea how I will do this.

Please provide link where Trump says he will get rid of medicaid.

sequoia

Post Tue, Mar 14 2017, 4:14 pm
MagentaYenta wrote:
States both manage it and fund it. From what I have read the state part of the funding would go to the govt to support the new tax credit system that is supposed to help fund Trumpcare. Medicaid and medicaid expansion will go by the wayside.

But medicaid existed before Obama. How would repealing the ACA get rid of medicaid completely?

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Tue, Mar 14 2017, 4:15 pm
If there wouldnt be so much abuse of Medicaid then maybe tax payers wouldn't be in such a financial bind trying to support it. I hope he reforms it and makes stricter laws for those who use it. For those who truly need it, yes, it should still be available.

amother
Cyan

Post Tue, Mar 14 2017, 4:16 pm
[quote="MagentaYenta"]States both manage it and fund it. From what I have read the state part of the funding would go to the govt to support the new tax credit system that is supposed to help fund Trumpcare. Medicaid and medicaid expansion will go by the wayside.[/quote]

Your finally getting it😀

Now the rich will get richer and the poor will get poorer. Thank you Lakewood rabbonim for supporting trump🙁

amother
Cyan

Post Tue, Mar 14 2017, 4:18 pm
[quote="amother"]If there wouldnt be so much abuse of Medicaid then maybe tax payers wouldn't be in such a financial bind trying to support it. I hope he reforms it and makes stricter laws for those who use it. For those who truly need it, yes, it should still be available.[/quote]

Well he doesn't say that he says we should buy less iPhones and buy healthcare. Ha an iPhone is way cheaper then medical insurance.

Rich will never understand poor.

gila-rina

Post Tue, Mar 14 2017, 4:19 pm
NY Medicaid is funded by both state and federal government. NY state usually stepped in whenever feds cut the funds for Medicaid.

SixOfWands

Post Tue, Mar 14 2017, 4:20 pm
amother wrote:

He said a lot of things. Like how his new plan wouldn't result in anyone losing insurance. And that rate wouldn't climb. Both untrue.

Trump intends to change Medicaid to a block grant. This will hurt poorer states most. It will also eliminate certain mandated services, as well as cutting a lot of people off (as will the ACA repeal, given Medicaid expansion). The people most at risk are the disabled, those with mental health issues (which Trump wants to eliminate funding), the working poor, probably people in nursing homes.

But I'm still confused. Isn't this exactly what people who voted for Trump wanted? Get government out of health care. Well, why did you think that Medicaid and Medicare were exempt. Cut government. Cut government costs. Ditto.

Amarante

Post Tue, Mar 14 2017, 4:23 pm
They re going to freeze the amounts payable to states and also give as s block grant instead of how it is funded now.

With block grants, many states don't use the money for what is is intentioned.

By freezing the amounts payable, it will effectively kill Medicaid since no matter what the costs are to treat the people who need it, the amount paid will be the same. Think of the increasing number of old people who use Medicaid or increased population in general.

Also a significant number off people who didn't have medical insurance got it since those states who opted in under Obamacare could cover poor working families.

I don't know what liberal states like New York or California will do but those people who live in red states will really suffer since their government is so anti keeping a safety net for the needy.

And ironically for the most part, thise who supported Trump will suffer the worst I under the proposed Trumpcare since many of the poor white population in states like Kentucky are Covered by the expansion of Medicaid through Obamacare.

And the old people who aren't retired will really get the shaft since their premiums will rise to five times that of a younger person and the potential subsidy will be frozen at the maximum of $4000 so they will be unable to pay with the double whammy of the subsidy based on income disappearing and the incredible rise in premiums.

Coverage for maternity care will become extremely expensive or nonexistent as well since maternity care is now one of the requirements so the cost is spread around like all insurance should be.

Last edited by Amarante on Tue, Mar 14 2017, 4:35 pm; edited 3 times in total

amother
Cyan

Post Tue, Mar 14 2017, 4:24 pm
Correct because they filled in small cuts but now it's gonna be defunded so the state will go bonkers. And he's cutting it out of all states btw.
Page 1 of 8   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics