Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
My worst sleeper

amother
Cerise

Post Tue, Mar 14 2017, 7:21 pm
My 13 month old is my worst sleeper yet! My other kids, while not the best sleepers, were all able to sleep through the night by 8-10 months. This one just isn't going for that and nothing works. He's in his own room in a crib. He goes to bed dry, in warm pjs and well fed. He wakes up 3-4 times a night most of the time. Sometimes he'll wake up only once or twice, but it's always a one off thing, can't figure out how to replicate it. He used to get frequent ear infections, so he got tubes recently and I was looking forward to it helping, but so far have not seen any changes (other than no more ear infections). I never go to him right away, I wait to see if he's really awake or just squawking. 9 times out of 10, he works himself up into a frenzy. He is capable of self soothing (he sucks his thumb) but once he gets worked up, he will cry until I nurse. ANd only nursing will do, he won't go for dh or just rocking. I really want to cut out the night feeds. I have let him cry for over 20 minutes when I've just been too spent to deal with him, but his screaming only strengthens and sometimes wakes up other kids. I need to get him sleeping, I can't function like this.

Leahh

Post Tue, Mar 14 2017, 10:01 pm
Maybe try going in right away before he works himself into a frenzy. Possibly at that point rubbing his back may be enough to get him to go back to sleep.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics