Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
How do I get her to stay in bed.?
Previous  1  2

redstrawberry

Post Wed, Mar 15 2017, 3:42 pm
OP here, I will try the putting her back every time and sitting with her until she falls asleep.

but in middle of night she always comes to my room.....

amother
Teal

Post Wed, Mar 15 2017, 5:47 pm
In my experience, the middle of the night wake-ups lessen when they start falling asleep at a normal time.
Maybe not right away, but soon enough after...

amother
Pearl

Post Thu, Mar 16 2017, 6:02 pm
Get Dr. Weissbluth's book "Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child". He explains how to do the putting back to bed so that it works. It will entail at least one night of very little sleep for you, but should work quickly.

Also, we put a gate on our toddlers door. That way, if she opens it, she can see we are there (not like locking her in), but she can't get out. If she can climb, use 2 gates one on top of the other (but you'll need to have the kind that screws into the wall for safety).

amother
Teal

Post Fri, Mar 17 2017, 2:40 am
Here's another little tip (that I found really weird, but actually helps!):
Make sure their sheets are clean. Wash them often - they sleep better on fresh sheets!

miami85

Post Fri, Mar 17 2017, 4:04 am
It is a phase most toddlers go through at this age. All of my kids went through this. A few things you may have to relinquish your evening for a few nights to show her that "nothing is going on" when she goes to sleep--it might be a FOMO situation. 2) Make sure bedtime routine is occurring when she's actually tired. Keep tabs on when she is conking out for a few nights and then start bedtime routine 1 hour b4 then so that it coincides with when she's tired 3)Not all 2 year-olds need 12-13 hours of sleep, she may be perfectly fine with 9-7 and a 1-2 hr nap during the day.

MagentaYenta

Post Mon, Mar 20 2017, 7:16 pm
The parents of twins learned a bit about their children's bedtime habits after they viewed this time lapse video.

http://www.today.com/parents/j.....09393
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics