Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Meat
Any meat experts out there?

giselle

Post Wed, Mar 15 2017, 9:08 pm
What is a decent cut that isn't too expensive that I can roast to medium without too much fanfare.. no sauces etc. Just want to enjoy good piece of meat but other than steaks and more well done roasts, I don't have a ton of experience. Any tips? I've also heard a lot about reverse sear - can that be done and rewarmed for Friday night or will ruin it? Honestly any help for cooking the best piece of meat is appreciated!

ectomorph

Post Wed, Mar 15 2017, 11:04 pm
The first half of your post sounds like a beginner to cooking meat. The second half discusses an advanced technique. That's why no one has answered.

Raisin

Post Thu, Mar 16 2017, 5:26 am
I only really know of one kosher cut (rib) that can be roasted. I wouldn't know how to do it for friday night, I imagine its one thing that is worth eating straight away. That type of meat is also best eaten a little rare, which not everyone likes or is used too. It kind of kills good meat to overcook it.

Unless you are sefardi and eat the back half of the animal in which case there is a lot more out there!

What about lamb? I think you can just roast lamb shoulder and its delicious.

giselle

Post Thu, Mar 16 2017, 9:53 am
ectomorph wrote:
The first half of your post sounds like a beginner to cooking meat. The second half discusses an advanced technique. That's why no one has answered.

Sorry my question was kind of vague. I'm not a beginner, somewhere in between. I've made a lot of the more typical meats for shabbos/yt, steaks for bbqing, but was just looking for some more advanced tips and wanted to know what others had tried for Friday night. YT is easier bec I make it fresh and can serve more rare cuts which I prefer.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics