Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Spinoff: kids collecting tzedakah
Previous  1  2  3

Ruchel

Post Fri, Mar 17 2017, 12:22 pm
This year the cheder decided kids need to sell tombola tickets. I let dd10 do it around (not interested in being told to change, just clearing this out) and I've discovered that she has sold including to non jews LOL. I imagine if they end up with a rav Chakh portrait or a wig wash LOL

That said I'd have no problem saying no to a child.

What I wouldn't let, is ringing at night or morning etc.

PinkFridge

Post Fri, Mar 17 2017, 1:19 pm
yksraya wrote:
In this post of hers, that is what I find disrespectful.

But in her original post, she mocked my entire post, not just disagreed with it.

Maybe she should have put a smiley after "wake the baby!" Because I think she was tongue in cheek with that line.
I realize you are very passionate about this, and you're not the only one. I think I'm going to step back.

yksraya

Post Fri, Mar 17 2017, 1:46 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
Maybe she should have put a smiley after "wake the baby!" Because I think she was tongue in cheek with that line.
I realize you are very passionate about this, and you're not the only one. I think I'm going to step back.

I feel like her attitude is "who cares if your baby sleeps or if you are busy or if you opened the door that day to 30 boys already, I can send my kids, I'll have sone peace and quiet for the 30 min they will be out collecting" and disguises it as chinuch. Maybe I read too much between the lines, and you've still got your innocence intact thus see it in a different light.

PinkFridge

Post Fri, Mar 17 2017, 1:49 pm
yksraya wrote:
I feel like her attitude is "who cares if your baby sleeps or if you are busy or if you opened the door that day to 30 boys already, I can send my kids, I'll have sone peace and quiet for the 30 min they will be out collecting" and disguises it as chinuch. Maybe I read too much between the lines, and you've still got your innocence intact thus see it in a different light.

We know I've got my innocence, maybe to the point of head in the sand Wink
Where I live, I don't get that level of collectors, kid or adult, so I do need to put myself in the shoes of others who do. I really haven't experienced the kind of abuse some people here have.

Post Fri, Mar 17 2017, 2:03 pm
I was told by one mother on a very dense block that she gives a nickel or a dime if they are under ten; ten and above get a quarter. She says gets less traffic than her neighbors, and it gets them to stop.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics