Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Info about Norfolk, VA

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 16 2017, 12:39 pm
We are looking into the Norfolk, Virginia, community. As BTs my husband and I grew up way out of town with no exposure to frumkeit until Chabad moved in. We decided to jump in with both feet and moved to a medium-sized Litvish community; however, it was too overwhelming and the day school had a lot of issues with bullying, turnover of administrators (four heads of school in five years), etc.

We are planning to visit Norfolk and know it has a day school, girls' high school and boys' yeshiva, and a Kollel. I have heard good things about the community so far.

If you have anything to share please let know.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by amother on Mon, Jul 29 2019, 8:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

Batyah85

Post Thu, Mar 16 2017, 2:10 pm
I love Norfolk- such a nice community. Very small, friendly, tightknit. The only thing I would ask about/be-wary about (personally) is the fact that it seems everyone leaves for the summer bc it gets very hot/muggy... I heard it literally empties out with families going to Baltimore/NY etc. But I visited/was asking about it years ago- so I don;t have updated info about that. Very friendly community though~!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating