Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers
What is considered more OOT ; Detroit or Miami?

Maryann

Post Thu, Mar 16 2017, 6:59 pm
?

Fabulous

Post Thu, Mar 16 2017, 7:00 pm
Definitely Detroit

mommy3b2c

Post Thu, Mar 16 2017, 7:13 pm
Detroit

mommy3b2c

Post Thu, Mar 16 2017, 7:14 pm
Miami has the second or third largest community in the us

treestump

Post Thu, Mar 16 2017, 7:16 pm
Detroit.

happyone

Post Thu, Mar 16 2017, 7:42 pm
A man is diagnosed with terminal cancer and told he has six months at most to live. Doctor tells him "Marry a Jewish girl and move to Detroit. You may not live longer but I guarantee it'll be the longest six months of your life."

Last edited by happyone on Thu, Mar 16 2017, 8:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

Optione

Post Thu, Mar 16 2017, 7:58 pm
Detroit

chocolatecake

Post Thu, Mar 16 2017, 8:22 pm
Detroit is def more oot in the fact that miami has more ppl schools restaurants etc. Detroit is driveable to NY and many other jewish communities where as miami is much further away from NY and other communities.

Ilovemaryland

Post Thu, Mar 16 2017, 8:26 pm
Who cares ..
Bottom line 5 minutes away from BP. Is OOT!!!!#

Go to Sheepshead Bay for Shabbos . its WAAAAY more oot than Baltimore

gingie37

Post Thu, Mar 16 2017, 8:44 pm
happyone wrote:
A man is diagnosed with terminal cancer and told he has six months at most to live. Doctor tells him "Marry a Jewish girl and move to Detroit. You may not live longer but I guarantee it'll be the longest six months of your life."

Sorry but that is so rude. I was raised in detroit, lived in NY for three years and now live in detroit again. It's only "out of town"'of you're from NY. It is a huge city and while there aren't tons of kosher restaurants there are tons of things to do, a big and really warm frum community, and Michigan is one of the most beautiful states in the US. Don't bash Michigan and detroit until you've experienced it!

MagentaYenta

Post Thu, Mar 16 2017, 8:59 pm
gingie37 wrote:
Sorry but that is so rude. I was raised in detroit, lived in NY for three years and now live in detroit again. It's only "out of town"'of you're from NY. It is a huge city and while there aren't tons of kosher restaurants there are tons of things to do, a big and really warm frum community, and Michigan is one of the most beautiful states in the US. Don't bash Michigan and detroit until you've experienced it!

Chinese investors have been buying up commercial and residential real estate in Detroit for the past 3 years. It's unfair for anyone to mock the upward velocity of the city or the commitment of it's residents. (FWIW I'm do love the upper peninsula of MI in spite of the mosquitos).

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Mar 16 2017, 9:13 pm
MagentaYenta wrote:
Chinese investors have been buying up commercial and residential real estate in Detroit for the past 3 years. It's unfair for anyone to mock the upward velocity of the city or the commitment of it's residents. (FWIW I'm do love the upper peninsula of MI in spite of the mosquitos).

Happyone, you beat me to it! But I was going to tell that joke with your hometown in it.
Just kidding.
Re the investors: I assume they're buying in Detroit proper. How that will impact the frum community, which is based just north of Baseline, I.e the infamous Eight Mile Road, in Oak Park and Southfield, is anyone's guess.

agreer

Post Thu, Mar 16 2017, 9:21 pm
mommy3b2c wrote:
Miami has the second or third largest community in the us

LA is second. But Miami has better restaurants and is closer to NY, which makes it more awesome!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics