Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Looking for a nice community not far from Brooklyn

Happinessxxx

Post Sun, Mar 19 2017, 4:49 pm
I currently live in CH and I really don't like it here... We are currently looking to rent. I am looking for a great community (mix is great- although we are lubavitch) with CHEAPER rentals. ( Large space with a backyard etc. for a decent price) I would like to stay close to Brooklyn since I grew up here, and I'm very used to it. Yet, I know I cannot find apartment worth renting out here since prices shot up crazy! I've been searching for a community for quite a while and unfortunately was not successful.
Please help!! Would be really helpful if you can add numbers of people I can talk to in the area, prices of rentals, brokers etc.

Thank you so much!! Smile

philamom

Post Sun, Mar 19 2017, 10:25 pm
Hi, We are trying to spread the word about our wonderful and super affordable community which is close to brooklyn-

-Northeast Philadelphia is about an hour and 40 minutes from New York by car, and about 90 minutes by train. Some people commute to NY for work, its definitely doable.

-We have multiple yeshiva school options, for both elementary and high school, with lots of hashkafa variety and options.

-Due to Pennsylvania state tax credits for education, we have amazing tuition scholarships which is very easy to qualify for. Schools really work withe every person here and make it work.

-3-4 Bedroom homes here range from 160k-250k. Property Taxes range from $1700-$2700.

-Spacious Home rentals with full amenities, parking, private entrances. 2 bedrooms range from $750-$900 per month, 3 bedrooms range from $900-$1200.

-We are just outside center city Philadelphia- one of the largest cities in the US, so lots of job opportunities!

-We have lots of kosher food at affordable prices (For example, empire chicken ranges from $1.99lb-2.49lb in our local shoprite). We also have a pizza shop, restaurants, and lots of jewish infrastructure.

We'd really love to grow our community, which has so much to offer jewish families who are looking for more affordable, out-of-town living, but not too far from big Jewish communities.
I read about women working so hard to afford their lives in the big cities....here you can live a much less stressful life and still be able to afford rent or buy a home.

Feel free to ask any questions or pm me for more info! We'd love for you to check us out!

Jeanette

Post Sun, Mar 19 2017, 10:35 pm
If you are on Facebook check out "new lubavitch community" for a range of options.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics