Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Shabbos/Yom tov clothes help - huge postpartum belly :(

amother
Cerise

Post Wed, Mar 22 2017, 10:10 am
I had a baby 6 weeks ago B"H and have zero to wear for Yom tov. I want to buy something new but feel so ugly in everything. Are there any styles that can make me look good? I'm usually a 6-8, probably a 12 now - with a huge stomache.... Oh, and I can't stand wearing girdles!

amother
Silver

Post Wed, Mar 22 2017, 11:54 am
following

amother
Babyblue

Post Wed, Mar 22 2017, 12:01 pm
How tall are you? In general the rule for a tummy (which I have a hard time believing is "huge", unless maybe you're very petite) is not to draw attention to it. Don't wear anything with a bold waistline unless it's an empire waist- no belts etc- don't wear a top and skirt with high contrast. An interesting necklace can draw attention away from your belly.

Mazal tov and enjoy your baby! It's normal to take a little while to get your body back. I didn't until my baby was almost a year and eating real amounts of solids, but I'm skinnier now than before getting pregnant with her.

agreer

Post Wed, Mar 22 2017, 1:13 pm
6 weeks is VERY NEW!!! Relax!

I would wear a dress with a cardigan/sweater over it, open, to minimize belly. Like PP said, no emphasizing waist/stomach area.

sky

Post Wed, Mar 22 2017, 1:20 pm
I guess everyone has different definition of big belly
6 weeks PP I still look like a large 5 month pregant. No exaggeration.
Dresses would look ridiculous.
I'd wear a comfy flowy top that is easy to nurse in with a comfy elastic waist maternity skirt or regular skirt if that works for you. Get a pretty summer maxi skirt.
I was 8 weeks PP last year Pesach and found some great cheap tops at Kohls to work during the transition.

faigyl

Post Wed, Mar 22 2017, 1:28 pm
What about the baby o dresses? It has fitted arms but the dresses are loose. Theyre a bit casual but I wore the black one until my stomach went down.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics