Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Affordable town with decent job prospects?

amother
Tangerine

Post Thu, Mar 23 2017, 10:23 am
So far I know about South Bend, IN but we had no luck finding jobs in that area. Places with decent jobs tend to also have a much higher cost of living. So... ideas? Anywhere in the US.

Maryann

Post Thu, Mar 23 2017, 10:28 am
cleveland>?

mha3484

Post Thu, Mar 23 2017, 10:29 am
What kind of jobs are you looking for? That will make a difference.

DVOM

Post Thu, Mar 23 2017, 10:29 am
What about Lakewood? We're not a natural fit, but we are very happy here...

Cost of living is relatively low (tuition, housing). I dont know what sort of job your looking for, but there are lots of Jewish mama jobs here (ot, pt, slp, social work ect.) and I know of people who commute to NY or Philadelphia too.

amother
Chocolate

Post Thu, Mar 23 2017, 10:32 am
DVOM wrote:
What about Lakewood? We're not a natural fit, but we are very happy here...

Do you have children
Are they in school?

pesek zman

Post Thu, Mar 23 2017, 10:33 am
Cleveland is super affordable

doctorima

Post Thu, Mar 23 2017, 10:33 am
Do you care at all about geography, climate, or religious affiliation? Midwestern towns will probably be your best bet - look into Cleveland, Detroit, Milwaukee, Minneapolis, St. Louis, Cincinnati, and maybe Indianapolis and Kansas City.

DVOM

Post Thu, Mar 23 2017, 10:43 am
amother wrote:
Do you have children
Are they in school?

Yup, my two oldest are in school. I sense a question developing here...

amother
Magenta

Post Thu, Mar 23 2017, 12:38 pm
pesek zman wrote:
Cleveland is super affordable

Cleveland has a VERY tight job market - we were very interested and told by many people not to come unless we have jobs set up. My husband sent out resumes and nothing came of it - and he has an advanced degree. I was told that I would have a very hard time finding a job there.

amother
Pearl

Post Thu, Mar 23 2017, 12:40 pm
Phoenix, AZ? Big city with plenty of jobs, free or very low tuition

mha3484

Post Thu, Mar 23 2017, 12:48 pm
I am in Chicago. I would call it medium in terms of affordability. I don't know your fields but there are plenty of different industries here and jobs seem to be available.

amother
Khaki

Post Thu, Mar 23 2017, 12:54 pm
There advertising here I thought maybe it can help you.

https://www.biozshul.org/move-.....=true

rikki 1

Post Thu, Mar 23 2017, 2:01 pm
philadelphia? in the tri-state area, decent priced housing (see different recent thread about it) and probably job opportunities due to being a big city.

amother
Yellow

Post Thu, Mar 23 2017, 2:52 pm
I live in Cincinnati and would recommend you look in to it. Probably depends on your field but there are some big companies here like Proctor and Gamble, a big tech field, nursing homes...
Op it's unclear if you later went under your screen name. In case that was a mistake just pointing it out.

MagentaYenta

Post Thu, Mar 23 2017, 3:26 pm
amother wrote:
So far I know about South Bend, IN but we had no luck finding jobs in that area. Places with decent jobs tend to also have a much higher cost of living. So... ideas? Anywhere in the US.

It would probably help you to survey different regions in the US to find out where the job markets are and whether the openings are a fit. I live in a very diverse small city and our unemployment is hovering at about 3%.

amother
Taupe

Post Fri, Mar 24 2017, 10:42 am
amother wrote:

Hi! In regards to South Bend, IN have you spoken to Mrs. Michall Goldman yet? She is the Executive Director of CDI South Bend and she works full time to find families looking to relocate to South Bend jobs. She focuses on setting up pilot trips for families to South Bend that include at least 3 job interviews for each spouse in their job fields at a minimum, especially if they have advanced degrees. In 2017 alone Mrs. Goldman has assisted two families with finding good job offers in SB and assisting the families from moving from both Los Angeles and Queens, with jobs in nursing, social work, and computers to name a few. So please reach out to Mrs. Goldman again at michallgoldman@gmail.com or 574-261-3051. Also feel free to check out www.cdisouthbend.com to learn more!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating