Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
What do you recommend? Rubi, Irene , Bella or Miri
1  2  Next

amother
Black

Post Sun, Mar 26 2017, 11:44 am
I'm I"yh going to be getting a new sheital after many years! I have a choice between Rubi, Irene, Bella or Miri. I'm like a color 2 or 4 and I'm looking for a sheital that'll last for a long time (like 5 years or more) I need a good quality sheital since it'll be my weekday sheital. I plan on getting it through reenas backroom in Lakewood and these are all the companies they carry for cheap. Please advise me. Tia!

maidale

Post Sun, Mar 26 2017, 1:12 pm
Of the 4 you mentioned, I own a miri and irene. Hate the miri, didn't last me well and the irene is excellent. Very happy with it.

allthingsblue

Post Sun, Mar 26 2017, 1:14 pm
I doubt a Bella would last 5 years. My two Bella's lasted 3 years with minimal wear. I still wear them but they look old. And that's with paying to add hair after a few years.

amother
Black

Post Sun, Mar 26 2017, 4:05 pm
maidale wrote:
Of the 4 you mentioned, I own a miri and irene. Hate the miri, didn't last me well and the irene is excellent. Very happy with it.

Thanks, I didn't hear such great reviews about the Irene's though

ysdm

Post Sun, Mar 26 2017, 5:19 pm
I love my Bella, been wearing it daily for a year. No signs of wear

bookie

Post Sun, Mar 26 2017, 5:25 pm
I have my bella for two years. Its in Perfect condition with medium use

cnc

Post Sun, Mar 26 2017, 5:39 pm
My Bella is around three years old- just colored it and looks and feels brand new.

rae

Post Sun, Mar 26 2017, 5:46 pm
I also love my Bella. On my third year and wear it daily. It is starting to shows signs of wear. I'm giving it another year. I am really hard on my shaitel though. Wear it morning till bed time.

allthingsblue

Post Sun, Mar 26 2017, 5:47 pm
I guess I had bad luck with mine, looks like everyone else is happy with their Bella's.

QUEENY

Post Sun, Mar 26 2017, 5:50 pm
allthingsblue wrote:
I guess I had bad luck with mine, looks like everyone else is happy with their Bella's.
I never like my Bella either..it looked great as soon as I got it done..but the style didn't hold and it looked lifeless until I had it done the next time. I bought it a few years ago..so maybe the hair is a little better now.

mommy3b2c

Post Sun, Mar 26 2017, 6:02 pm
Today someone told me that my Bella looks like a $4000 wig. It's only a few months old though.

ysdm

Post Sun, Mar 26 2017, 6:08 pm
The straighter ones don't hold a curl so well but that's to be expected. I'm really really really happy with mine

allthingsblue

Post Sun, Mar 26 2017, 6:19 pm
QUEENY wrote:
I never like my Bella either..it looked great as soon as I got it done..but the style didn't hold and it looked lifeless until I had it done the next time. I bought it a few years ago..so maybe the hair is a little better now.

For me the problem wasn't the style- it was the hair falling out since day 1!
And also that the hair turned very stiff eventually

amother
Black

Post Sun, Mar 26 2017, 10:58 pm
mommy3b2c wrote:
Today someone told me that my Bella looks like a $4000 wig. It's only a few months old though.

Do you think it would last for a good couple of years?

amother
Maroon

Post Mon, Mar 27 2017, 5:47 am
im sooo confused, after reading many threads about shaitel-brand-recommendations, I dont seem to find a brand that everyone agrees on.

its not like clothes shopping, where you can say: well h and m is generally cheap but the quality doesnt last, where as zara tends to sell more elegant styles but also doesnt last, and jacardi is super expencive but you get great quality... or when buying a car: you know what you pay for. people usually agree more or less on these things. ive never heared of people buying basic crocs and then saying: well they are very hard and uncomfortable to walk around in the house??? most people will agree they are not very nice but super comfy...

but sheitels?? unless you are a complete expert and very experienced you can pay 2k on a wig and hate it after 2 months, just becuase you didnt know or didnt see it coming or were unlucky (eventhought he brand has a good name...) it seems like there is nothing you can do about it, you ca take a friend along or your husband and they may advice you whether the style suits you. you can say whether the size is too small or too big for you head to feel comfortable. but noone will be able to predict how the hair will look like in a year after normal use. I find it such a shame...

when you save up for a long time and then invest in a surprise..thats so painful.

am I the only one who is afraid to buy? I b´´H had good or mediocre experiences till now,im also not very picky I cant really complain, but ive seen family members who were soo upset and friends who regreted their purchase...

wouldnt it be a great idea to offer a service: someone who really knows a lot about hair and style would be payed to acompany women buying a shaitle. they would go to different salons and advice you. I think id pay for a service like that (eventhough I am frugal) because ones you pay so much, you want to be on the sure side. I have heared that there are type consultants for fashion, why not for shaitels? maybe they could also offer a type of insurance??? halpm you with refund in case the customer isnt satisfied...

im not a business type of person, maybe im completely off here... just wondering how to solve the problem.

amother
Maroon

Post Mon, Mar 27 2017, 5:48 am
oh and btw. dear black I wish you hazlacha with yor purchase, may you find the perfect shaitel for you and may you be very satisfaied with your stunning new wig!!!

allthingsblue

Post Mon, Mar 27 2017, 8:37 am
Maroon, you're right, it is frustrating. I think it's because each wig is different, each woman expects different things, and basically no to wigs or wig wearers are the same.
I personally would rather two cheaper wigs than one expensive one.

amother
Tangerine

Post Mon, Mar 27 2017, 8:47 am
I love my kikis, they last for a really long tme. See if you can get yourself a kiki for a good price.

amother
Salmon

Post Mon, Mar 27 2017, 9:43 am
Amother maroon you have great ideas but even a professional personal shopper is not a Navi.

Hair by definition is an unpredictable item. Even to the sellers themselves.

Not to gross you out, but hair is made up of a person's dead cells. Each strand is unique in texture, smoothness and even health.

You want to be sure with what you're getting? Get a synthetic- they're all pretty much predictable.

That's why the cheaper processed wigs are more or less consistent. They all dry similar. The colors are controllable. But they wear out quicker because whatever it was that made them all the same slowly wears away.

With the unprocessed wigs no 2 people will have the same experience. And what one considers an issue (I.e. a natural slight frizz or wave) another considers a sign of healthy hair and is thrilled with the natural look.

Factor in that everyone's scalp (of the wig wearer) is different and affects the way the hair behaves.

And besides that there's isn't really any way to predict what the hair will look like in a year or 2 and for sure not 5.

And another thing. Let's say you bought a Kiki 5 years ago and are thrilled with it so you want to buy another Kiki again. The hair on your new wig ain't from the same human. The manufacturing procedures have likely changed from 5 years ago. And host of other factors that make it impossible to predict that your new wig will be the same as your old and you'll be just as happy.

It sucks. I know. But that's the reality.

HonesttoGod

Post Mon, Mar 27 2017, 10:21 am
What style do you want?
If you want something naturally curly/wavy, something that you could wash and air dry yourself, Miri all the way.
If you want something that you don't mind needing more maintenance, Irene.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics