Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Best cleaning tool! (Especially for pesach or deep cleaning)
1  2  Next

amother
Blush

Post Mon, Mar 27 2017, 11:57 pm
So what is ur favorite cleaning appliance/ trick/tool?

I love my toothbrush! Gets onto all that gunk stuck in little crevices, with a little Spritz of nsr degreaser or fantastic! Whoosh! A sparkling item!

Last edited by amother on Mon, Jun 11 2018, 12:23 am; edited 1 time in total

lifesagift

Post Tue, Mar 28 2017, 12:11 am
Toothpicks are great for cleaning sockets
I use a flashlight to look down the drain ๐ŸŽถ

sourstix

Post Tue, Mar 28 2017, 6:25 am
I wonder which thing cleans ovens the best. Tried st. Moritz. Not good enough.

groisamomma

Post Tue, Mar 28 2017, 7:14 am
lifesagift wrote:

You clean electric sockets? shock

amother
cornflower

Post Tue, Mar 28 2017, 7:30 am
lifesagift wrote:

That's how my in laws house had a fire years ago on pesach the year of dh bar mitzvah which was on pesach. Neighnors were cleaning electric sockets and blew up their house and in laws which was next door. It is scary and a bad idea and u don't need to clean there according to halacha. Pls don't do it. It is NOT SAFE.

amother
Turquoise

Post Tue, Mar 28 2017, 8:25 am
amother wrote:
That's how my in laws house had a fire years ago on pesach the year of dh bar mitzvah which was on pesach. Neighnors were cleaning electric sockets and blew up their house and in laws which was next door. It is scary and a bad idea and u don't need to clean there according to halacha. Pls don't do it. It is NOT SAFE.

lol! You guys chill... None of you ever heard the Journeys song "the pesach blues"?.
This is a line from that song.

amother
cornflower

Post Tue, Mar 28 2017, 8:43 am
amother wrote:
lol! You guys chill... None of you ever heard the Journeys song "the pesach blues"?.
This is a line from that song.

Never heard the song. Glad u don't really clean them๐Ÿ˜€

ra_mom

Post Tue, Mar 28 2017, 8:47 am
sourstix wrote:

Remove all the pieces from the oven and spray them individually. Place each in garbage bag, close and let sit. Maybe up to an hour. Then scrub with steel wool. The cleaner used to do this in the apartment that had a funky oven.
Remember to wear thick gloves up to your elbows, a face mask, open windows (you can put the garbage bags outside to let sit but make sure not to spray outside if the wind is blowing) and take all necessary precautions for such a caustic cleaner.

Post Tue, Mar 28 2017, 4:08 pm
My vacuum cleaner is my right hand!!! It follows me wherever I clean....

cm

Post Tue, Mar 28 2017, 5:49 pm
Handheld Shark steam cleaner. So useful for the stove top and many other things.

mha3484

Post Tue, Mar 28 2017, 5:51 pm
DH bought an awesome steamer last year. It was not cheap but it cleaned the stove in half the time.

tweety1

Post Tue, Mar 28 2017, 5:57 pm
Steamer. $130. Was worth every penny. I use it year round for my carriage

Simple1

Post Tue, Mar 28 2017, 6:25 pm
Vacuum hose is great for crumby, dusty areas all over the house- gets every last bit. Like the drawers and shelves once they're emptied out.

yksraya

Post Tue, Mar 28 2017, 7:02 pm
sourstix wrote:

Oven self clean mode, or on 500 for a long time. No need to use dangerous chemicals that hatzala begs everyone not to even bring into our homes.

Perhaps a steam cleaner can also get the job done.

Debbie

Post Tue, Mar 28 2017, 8:01 pm
cm wrote:
Handheld Shark steam cleaner. So useful for the stove top and many other things.

I recently bought one of those, it's really useful I definitely recommend it.

Last edited by Debbie on Wed, Mar 29 2017, 3:39 am; edited 1 time in total

ra_mom

Post Tue, Mar 28 2017, 8:03 pm
Tell us more about the handheld steamer. What can it be used for?

Debbie

Post Tue, Mar 28 2017, 8:24 pm
ra_mom wrote:

Mine has different attachments, I use one attachment for cleaning my kitchen floor,another for hard surfaces such as kitchen counters; you can do windows with it and carpets too, I haven't tried mine on carpets yet though.

cm

Post Tue, Mar 28 2017, 8:39 pm
ra_mom wrote:

I was just looking on the Shark website for an info video, and it seems the standalone handheld steamer has been discontinued. They still sell one that attaches to a full-size floor steamer.

It is great for blasting grime out of tight crevices, such as around the stovetop and fridge gaskets. A shot of steam can freshen up discolored textured appliance handles (I have a fairly old kitchen). Anyplace with tight spots that are hard to clean (around faucets, etc)...I pretty much go over the whole kitchen and bath for spring cleaning. With the squeegee attachment, shower glass and tile are left sparkling.

ra_mom

Post Tue, Mar 28 2017, 8:54 pm
cm wrote:
I was just looking on the Shark website for an info video, and it seems the standalone handheld steamer has been discontinued. They still sell one that attaches to a full-size floor steamer.

It is great for blasting grime out of tight crevices, such as around the stovetop and fridge gaskets. A shot of steam can freshen up discolored textured appliance handles (I have a fairly old kitchen). Anyplace with tight spots that are hard to clean (around faucets, etc)...I pretty much go over the whole kitchen and bath for spring cleaning. With the squeegee attachment, shower glass and tile are left sparkling.

I guess this isn't it?
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d.....RJQ6I
Does it make everything very wet? If I use it on the oven door handle (to reach the crack where the handle meets the door) will water end up under the oven and at the sides near the counters?

cm

Post Tue, Mar 28 2017, 8:58 pm
ra_mom wrote:
I guess this isn't it?
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d.....RJQ6I
Does it make everything very wet? If I use it on the oven door handle (to reach the crack where the handle meets the door) will water end up under the oven and at the sides near the counters?

That's a different brand, but the same type of product. You wipe up with a towel as you go along.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry