Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Lost all the baby weight but big bloated belly

amother
Slategray

Post Tue, Mar 28 2017, 5:17 pm
With a lot of work and effort I lost a lot of weight. I think I'm even below where I was pre-pregnancy! however I still have a rounded bloated belly. I think most people wouldn't think I'm pregnant but still it does bother me. I don't understand it. It's already been 7-8 months since birth. Anyone with insight?

Post Tue, Mar 28 2017, 5:36 pm
There was an article in bina or mishpacha about this.

I can't remember what the condition was called but it was something to do with split in the muscles of the abdomen. If I'm explaining it correctly. Do you have those magazines? I can look when I get home otherwise to see if they haven't been recycled.

imamommyx2

Post Tue, Mar 28 2017, 5:44 pm
there was an article in this weeks Mishpacha. Try to get a hold old of it!!

Post Tue, Mar 28 2017, 6:00 pm
Thanks. Forgot to mention it was this past shabbos

Miri7

Post Tue, Mar 28 2017, 6:18 pm
This sounds like diastasis recti. It's a or pulling apart of the abdominal muscles. I had it and was finally able to fix it by doing a program called momma strong - the diastasis recti program.

There are a lot of very expensive programs that involve splints (like Tupler). Didn't help me and was super uncomfortable.

I finally found mommastrong online (www.mommastrong.com). It's $2 a month and you can stream the videos. It's done by a woman named Courtney who is a physical therapist. I think she is bubbly and funny and very relatable. I also like that her program is priced so that it is affordable for everyone. There's a whole series on diagnosing your diastasis recti and then a series of videos to do.

This is not an advertisement, I don't get anything by plugging her here, but I find myself telling so many people about her program because it seems a lot of women have this problem and it either goes untreated or they are left alone to figure it out for themselves.

Good luck!

amother
Slategray

Post Wed, Mar 29 2017, 1:24 pm
It's funny that everyone is mentioning this.. a friend told me about it so I did the self-test I found online and found I don't have a "hole" there. Also a Pilates instructor felt my abdomen and also said I don't have it, which is why I don't know what else I can do or maybe just have to give it time?

Miri7, how long did you do that program for? Did you notice measurable results? Is there a charge there for the series on diagnosing it too?

Thanks.

amother
Ivory

Post Wed, Mar 29 2017, 4:48 pm
If you don't have diastasis recti then perhaps you should call your dr and request and ultrasound? Make sure everything is healing ok in your uterus.

amother
Purple

Post Wed, Mar 29 2017, 5:34 pm
Do you have gi pain or discomfort? I have this and have sibo (small intenstien bacterial overgrowth) but I believe it comes with digestive issues

amother
Yellow

Post Wed, Mar 29 2017, 6:20 pm
It's almost 2 years post-pregnancy for me and my tummy is still pooched out like that Sad

How late is too late to get it to go back? (with exercise)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise