Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
S/o Abuse Compassion and Personal Growth

amother
Rose

Post Tue, Mar 28 2017, 6:47 pm
Does Hashem let people abuse us just so we grow?

How is this compassionate?

Can compassion be taught?

Why are emotions NOT inferior to intellect?

How does one learn self compassion? And self control? Are they opposites or do they go hand in hand?

That's just to get the discussion started

amother
Chocolate

Post Tue, Mar 28 2017, 7:08 pm
I will wonder about this my entire life.

Idk why Hashem put horribly abusive people into His world and set some of them as a spouse to the sweetest, kindest and most tolerant young women.

I think I was dealt a very harsh life sentence, with no way out until I feel the sweet release of death.

I believe Hashem is making me improve my middos- you don't get this experience by being treated with respect your whole life. Yet, at the same time it's bringing out the worst in me too.

Hashem's world is brutal, with innocent people suffering endlessly at the hands of those who don't even care. But I trust that in the world to come there WILL be justice and a place for me to just be.

amother
Red

Post Tue, Mar 28 2017, 7:32 pm
amother wrote:

Idk why Hashem put horribly abusive people into His world and set some of them as a spouse to the sweetest, kindest and most tolerant young women.

I think I was dealt a very harsh life sentence, with no way out until I feel the sweet release of death.

I believe Hashem is making me improve my middos- you don't get this experience by being treated with respect your whole life. Yet, at the same time it's bringing out the worst in me too.

Hashem's world is brutal, with innocent people suffering endlessly at the hands of those who don't even care. But I trust that in the world to come there WILL be justice and a place for me to just be.

I''m sorry for all your pain.

Regarding the bolded? I don't understand.

yksraya

Post Tue, Mar 28 2017, 7:36 pm
amother wrote:

If there's a will, there's a way!

greenfire

Post Wed, Mar 29 2017, 12:22 am
sadly - there is not always a way out ... some abusers follow you till they kill you literally after they've killed you emotionally

read the news ...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics