Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
Seeking DIY gift idea for FIL

amother
Orchid

Post Wed, Mar 29 2017, 3:00 am
Any ideas of a gift idea for FIL?

I was thinking of making him a clock to hang in his work office, but it would have to be really nice looking, as he has a watch, phone and computer to tell time, so the clock would just be a decoration.

He doesn't really have hobbies. He gives bar mitzvah lessons and is a good cook.

He pretty much has anything practical he could possibly need. So I'm going after a more sentimental gift - like someone cared enough about me to hand-make something.

It doesn't have to be homemade. He enjoys Torah learning but his Hebrew is limited, so and English sefer could work too.

Any ideas?

Post Wed, Mar 29 2017, 3:58 am
amother wrote:
Any ideas of a gift idea for FIL?

I was thinking of making him a clock to hang in his work office, but it would have to be really nice looking, as he has a watch, phone and computer to tell time, so the clock would just be a decoration.

He doesn't really have hobbies. He gives bar mitzvah lessons and is a good cook.

He pretty much has anything practical he could possibly need. So I'm going after a more sentimental gift - like someone cared enough about me to hand-make something.

It doesn't have to be homemade. He enjoys Torah learning but his Hebrew is limited, so and English sefer could work too.

Any ideas?

What about something for the kitchen or the table? You could make a serving bowl or tray. Another idea would be glass fusion sushi plates. These are fun. You could also make a glass fusion picture frame.

I made a clock out of a slice of pine. They come out nice looking and are not too difficult.

studying_torah

Post Wed, Mar 29 2017, 8:10 am
What about a decorative family tree, maybe with photos

amother
Mauve

Post Wed, Mar 29 2017, 8:25 am
Pinterest is a gpod source

Ruchel

Post Wed, Mar 29 2017, 8:32 am
Mug with pics of the kids?
Puzzle with pics of the kids that you can frame

amother