Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Anyone ever come to your house/call you to survey?

amother
Lavender

Post Wed, Mar 29 2017, 10:48 am
Am I super naive? This woman came to my apartment and said she was from the Bureau of Central Statistics. She said she already done a few interviews with the previous tenants and this was the last of the interviews. Asked me all kinds of questions about us. She had an ID card and her laptop had a CBS sticker on it. They've been trying to call me for one last survey. They finally reached me today. They asked about my apartment and want to know how much rent I pay. I told her I'll get back to her. She said she needs to know by the end of the month (tomorrow) because it has to do with reporting about the price index in my neighborhood. Should I believe all this? Do I tell her how much my rent is? Did anyone ever have this?

essie14

Post Wed, Mar 29 2017, 11:55 am
Yes.

amother
Lavender

Post Wed, Mar 29 2017, 12:04 pm
She just sent me an email from cbs.gov.il
She sent a document with the cbs letterhead to fill out because I wouldn't give her the information over the phone.
Looks like there are all kinds of statistics on the website.
Anyone have experience with this?

essie14

Post Wed, Mar 29 2017, 12:08 pm
It's like the census in the US. I was living with an Israeli roommate at the time and she told me it's legit. They asked a few questions and that was it.

amother
Lavender

Post Wed, Mar 29 2017, 12:31 pm
Ok - Thanks! She just called again. Driving me crazy. Needs an answer. Must be that the current month's statistics depend on me Smile

Marion

Post Wed, Mar 29 2017, 1:15 pm
Legally you have to answer the questions. You've wasted more time pushing her off than if you'd just answered her.

LisaS

Post Wed, Mar 29 2017, 2:25 pm
Yes, I've had someone come and settle in my dining room for a good half hour of questioning.

Part of becoming Israeli is shifting the dividing line between info you consider private versus public. Basically, the only thing private is the bathroom with the door locked.

amother
Lavender

Post Wed, Mar 29 2017, 3:48 pm
Ok. Ok. Now I know. What do you want from me? I'm a wary New Yorker. This seemed bizarre to me. I would never let a stranger into my home in NY and here is this lady sitting in my salon asking me what I consider to be personal information. You hear all these stories about people being scammed and having information stolen, I didn't want to be one of those people. I gave her the information she wanted and hopefully we are done. Thank you all for your help!

LisaS

Post Thu, Mar 30 2017, 3:47 am
Lavendar amother - you are right. Always better to be cautious!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions