Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Toddler Hospital stay pajamas

amother
Gold

Post Wed, Mar 29 2017, 11:26 pm
Hi,
My son will be having cardiac surgery at the Boston childrens Hospital iyh.
They told us that he can only wear pajamas with button or snap front closures.. For easy access.... I need help finding pajamas or outfits like that. I will need size 24 months. Searched around already.. But I can't find.
Also if anyone has any info or ideas on how to make our Boston stay more comfortable- feel free to contact me. If you have been there in the hospital, please contact me with any tips and help
Thank you!

Kumphort

Post Wed, Mar 29 2017, 11:35 pm
This showed up on my FB feed today not sure if it's helpful or not

amother
Gold

Post Wed, Mar 29 2017, 11:37 pm
What?

Sunny Days

Post Wed, Mar 29 2017, 11:38 pm
Refuah Sheleima.
Marks and Spencers had very cute one piece snap front closure PJs.
I ordered stuff last week Friday and already got it yesterday
I saw some on old Navy as well but not sure if they have sz u need.

Kumphort

Post Wed, Mar 29 2017, 11:39 pm
http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry.....9ea62

Sorry I didn't post the links befoe http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry.....9ea62

Stars

Post Wed, Mar 29 2017, 11:42 pm
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d.....front

amother
Gold

Post Wed, Mar 29 2017, 11:49 pm
Thanx! Please keep the answers coming

guest21

Post Wed, Mar 29 2017, 11:51 pm
Someone gave me two pairs of thin one piece snap up PJs. I would be happy to send them to you. I don't know where they got them, they live in Canada.

Rutabaga

Post Thu, Mar 30 2017, 12:13 am
https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=n.....onths

shirachadasha

Post Thu, Mar 30 2017, 12:55 am
Also make sure that the shirt is short sleeve OR the sleeves can be pushed up for an IV.
Refua sheleima.

ectomorph

Post Thu, Mar 30 2017, 7:57 am
I have been there in the hospital. Feel free to pm me.
Edit: with kids... Not me personally

Bored

Post Thu, Mar 30 2017, 2:18 pm
https://www.facebook.com/Sweet.....0857/
Maybe you can contact them. She is very sweet.

momo6

Post Thu, Mar 30 2017, 3:57 pm
My now 4 year old had open heart surgery at 13 mos and we had the same requirements for clothes. I was able to buy snap pajamas at Old Navy since their baby sizes go up to 24 mos.

Just FYI, I was also nervous about the clothes and spent time looking for something. In the end, while we were in the hospital he was never dressed (just a diaper) except for the hour when we brought our other kids to visit. I did take him home in one of the outfits that snapped down the front, but that was the only time he wore it. I thought he looked silly in baby clothes since he hadn't worn them for so long and he was really fine so I just dressed him in clothes that weren't hard to get over his head.

Hatzlacha on your journey.

Fox

Post Thu, Mar 30 2017, 3:57 pm
It's been a long time since I've done extended post-surgical stays with a toddler, but based on my memories, I think I would just get a bunch of pajama bottoms and/or athletic-style pants and use them with the gown provided by the hospital.

You would think that it wouldn't be rocket science to coordinate I.V. care with clothing changes, but somehow it is. The kid can be wearing a perfectly clean top when the I.V. tubing is changed, and five minutes after, he's thrown up or spilled something. It's also not so easy keeping track of stuff and dealing with laundering your own clothes.

Hospitals have a tendency to be either overheated or chilly, so it's probably a good idea to have some lightweight pants as well as a heavier pair of sweatpants. Fluffy, non-binding socks are a good idea, too. A lot of hospitals supply them, but they constantly get lost.

Another good idea is to make a kind of poncho using non-woven fleece fabric. Since it won't fray, you can cut it to size and make an opening for the head. It works as a blanket, a robe, and it won't interfere with I.V.s or other monitors.

Refuah shleima and hatzlacha!

yogabird

Post Thu, Mar 30 2017, 4:13 pm
Op do you have the contact info for the Boston Bikur cholim? They can help you with meals, lodgings etc.

The CICU has place for one parent to sleep, they have rooms with showers in them for parents in the hospital complex, if you're going with your husband you can ask to speak to a social worker about that.

Harzlacha! Refuah sheleimah.

LittleDucky

Post Thu, Mar 30 2017, 7:09 pm
Contact Chai Lifeline. Maybe they can help with arrangements, food, visitors?

imasinger

Post Thu, Mar 30 2017, 7:16 pm
yogabird wrote:
Op do you have the contact info for the Boston Bikur cholim? They can help you with meals, lodgings etc.

The CICU has place for one parent to sleep, they have rooms with showers in them for parents in the hospital complex, if you're going with your husband you can ask to speak to a social worker about that.

Harzlacha! Refuah sheleimah.

It's called Rofeh. Phone 6175661900. rofehint.org

Refuah shleima!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics