Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
SLPs in Israel

amother
Smokey

Post Thu, Mar 30 2017, 3:57 pm
Hi ladies, anyone here an SLP in eretz yisroel?
How did licensing work for you? Did you only move there once you had your masters?
I'm thinking of moving but I was told the graduate school in America credit isnt recognized in Israel.

amother
Smokey

Post Fri, Mar 31 2017, 4:01 pm
anyone?

amother
Mistyrose

Post Fri, Mar 31 2017, 4:42 pm
If you went to a prestigious college then it can be recognized but if its a cheap online thing then it's worth zilch

cnc

Post Fri, Mar 31 2017, 5:35 pm
I know someone with an American degree that had a private practice in Israel.

ETA I believe that she got her masters in America though.

Last edited by cnc on Fri, Mar 31 2017, 6:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Smokey

Post Fri, Mar 31 2017, 6:02 pm
OP. as of now I just have my BA but recently married and both DH and I are considering moving to e"y for a few years. I was told my BA in speech will not be recognized by graduate schools there? Anyone have experience with this?

amother
Linen

Post Fri, Mar 31 2017, 6:18 pm
amother wrote:
If you went to a prestigious college then it can be recognized but if its a cheap online thing then it's worth zilch

It has nothing to do with prestigious and/or cheaper or expensive. The misrad hachinuch, which licenses slps to work in school's, does not recognize distance learning (the misrad habriut, which licenses OT and PT, does recognize distance learning).

If you attend college ABC, while living in the town where it has its campus, your degree will likely be recognized. If you attend the same college ABC, but their distance learning program, your degree likely will not be recognized.

I'm not sure what you're asking about your BA though. You have a US BA (not through distance learning) and would like to apply to an Israeli, classes all in Hebrew, graduate school for speech? I don't know anyone who's done that (their Hebrew wasn't good enough), the people I know went to American based Master's programs (in English).

Why don't you call up the college you want to apply to and find out what their prereqs are and whether they accept foreign degrees? You can probably even check their websites.

But if you only plan on being in Israel for a few years, you may be better off in an American degree granting institution.

amother
Smokey

Post Sun, Apr 02 2017, 4:09 pm
amother wrote:
It has nothing to do with prestigious and/or cheaper or expensive. The misrad hachinuch, which licenses slps to work in school's, does not recognize distance learning (the misrad habriut, which licenses OT and PT, does recognize distance learning).

If you attend college ABC, while living in the town where it has its campus, your degree will likely be recognized. If you attend the same college ABC, but their distance learning program, your degree likely will not be recognized.

I'm not sure what you're asking about your BA though. You have a US BA (not through distance learning) and would like to apply to an Israeli, classes all in Hebrew, graduate school for speech? I don't know anyone who's done that (their Hebrew wasn't good enough), the people I know went to American based Master's programs (in English).

Why don't you call up the college you want to apply to and find out what their prereqs are and whether they accept foreign degrees? You can probably even check their websites.

But if you only plan on being in Israel for a few years, you may be better off in an American degree granting institution.

thank you so much for answering! I have a US BA in speech and I'm applying to graduate schools for speech. I never heard of an American based masters program in Israel though. I researched a ton and didnt find that. Also, I was told that graduate schools in Israel don't recognize US BA's....?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics